MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i'm confused..

I bought my 03 Cooper S 2 weeks ago and i love it, i could see it was due a service in 650 miles which is fine, i've just gone through the handbook and noticed the ability to check days left for Brake fluid change and i got a readout of..... -1165, ummm what?

how can that be right, it's suppose to be 4 years from new, the cars is only 4years and 11 months old so how can it be well over 3 years overdue...

:puzzled:

will it reset if battery disconnected or something?

edit: okay woman at dealer said 4 years but book said 2, still doesn't add up.

Oh and the dealer wants £90 to change break fluid and 60 to change coolent on top of the service...:(

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good point , i had no idea but managed to use the guide to use the comp to find out, 2603.

which basically tells me it's never had a brake fluid change, great :|

they still work suberbly though!

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
A brake fluid change is supposed to be done every two years based on build date.

A reading of -1165 indicates the brake fluid was last changed 3 years and 2+ months ago.

I'm not sure what you mean by a build date of 2603 :confused:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
to me a -1165 means it's 1165 days PAST the due date.

readout from the disply on the car is 2603 , or 26th week (end of june?) 2003.

·
XR3i / JCW MCS
543 Posts
simiar with my cherished mcs brake fluid and coolant not changed at MINI's reccomended intervals, when I queried the fact that the car should have a full MINI Service history and why hadn't they been done the dealer gave me a load of BS

·
Cooper S Clubman
205 Posts
I had the same problem - was being fobbed off by the dealer so contacted MINI direct and low and behold got a call from the service manager asking when id like to book it in to have the oil changed free of charge.

Get in touch with MINI direct

Drew

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it wasn't bought from a mini dealer so i dont think they'll care much although the current 5 stamps in the book are all mini dealers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts