MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you read the post's on here you will know some numpty drove into the rear of my silver cooper in a sainsbury's car park cracked the rear bumber scratched the whole bumper and then legged it, leaving me crying in a car park when i returned to my car .
Well went to get a qoute for a new bumper from the bodyshop after 2 hours i got a qoute for £722 LOL as if, i couldnt beleive it so i went straight down to bmw and asked about the sports bumper off of the kit they told me they cant sell it seperatly unless you have already have the full £900 kit on the car already as bmw wont release it to them . after a hour of arguing the guy said he had a cooper bumper in the back i could have for £65 lol The bumper cover which is £244 new that would cost me £722 fitted and painted from bmw's body shop i got for £65 .
Rushed home and got my brother to fit it . looks good except there was 1 bolt left umm strange and it has a wider gap on oneside than the other ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm taking it down to bmw on wed they are re-fitting it for £20 i love my dealer :)
Is that right about the kit you cant buy the bits seperatly ?
Anyone else heard this ?
Right better go im late for my girlfriend oh oh
cya
Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
353 Posts
I tried to buy a body kit without the rear bumper but the dealer told me I had to pay the full whack.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what a pain .
why cant they sell the parts seperatly
anyone know about chrome wing mirror covers ?

·
Registered
172 Posts
The dealer is right about the bodykit. At the present moment they are only being released and ordered to chassis numbers taking a week to arrive from stock in Germany as they are so big to store in the UK warehouse. As they are so new, there is no need to replacement parts at the moment so it will only be as a full order of the various components. I guess in time though they will start to become individually available.

The Chrome door mirror covers are/were set for release in March/April 2002 but are not released as of the moment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts