MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3rd MINI on order (an S this time after having two Coopers). I thought speccing this one would be easy after going through it twice before. Oh no. This is the hardest of the lot!

Colour is bothering me. CR/W or PW/B... repeat 3752 times (at last count). Other half ready to kill me, very little getting done at work, cats are starving and starting to get a little impatient... you know the story I'm sure.

So.

Head says CR/W - rock solid as far as residuals go, and with my habit of changing every 18 months or so would probably be a safe bet.

Heart says PW/B (added advantage that I can get the blue/black interior). Only downside I can think of is unknown residuals as very few second hand examples around.

Both will be stunning.

I think that makes it 3753...

How can such a small thing drive you so mad...?

·
POP..POPPOP..POP
1,918 Posts
LOL :D
Been there myself with same choice, finally settled on PW/B.
I also thought of blue/ black interior, again settled on Black interior, anthracite trim and headliner (safe choice for resale..... I think).
Think the blue would be nice with blue stipes of some sort, I just daren't do it myself :p

What's estimated delivery for you??

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've gone for anthracite trim and headliner too...

delivery date currently 22 Jan. It's currently specced as CR/W but I'm getting more and more drawn to the light/dark side. Need to decide soon though. :D If only so my other half starts talking to me again...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tnoy66 said:
LOL :D
Been there myself with same choice, finally settled on PW/B.
I also thought of blue/ black interior, again settled on Black interior, anthracite trim and headliner (safe choice for resale..... I think).
Think the blue would be nice with blue stipes of some sort, I just daren't do it myself :p

What's estimated delivery for you??
Just noticed you're in Huddersfield. I'll have to keep my eye out for you. Did you get it from Almondbury?

·
POP..POPPOP..POP
1,918 Posts
pob said:
Just noticed you're in Huddersfield. I'll have to keep my eye out for you. Did you get it from Almondbury?
Nope, Scotthall at Leeds. You near here then??

You've plenty of time to change your mind yet......and again.....and again.....and....... :p

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tnoy66 said:
Nope, Scotthall at Leeds. You near here then??

You've plenty of time to change your mind yet......and again.....and again.....and....... :p
Yep - Fixby. That's some spec car you've got on order!

·
POP..POPPOP..POP
1,918 Posts
pob said:
Yep - Fixby. That's some spec car you've got on order!
Cheers, I keep counting the ££££££££ :rolleyes:

Fixby, I'll probably see you around sometime, I work down the road at Bradley, sometimes come up through there :)

ps, PW/B, you know you want to :p :D
:whblack::whblack::whblack::whblack::whblack:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tnoy66 said:
Cheers, I keep counting the ££££££££ :rolleyes:

Fixby, I'll probably see you around sometime, I work down the road at Bradley, sometimes come up through there :)

ps, PW/B, you know you want to :p :D
:whblack::whblack::whblack::whblack::whblack:
I think I know I do :D

·
Registered
645 Posts
PW/B. I went with SG/W but my next one will absolutely be PW/B as it's a fantastic colour combination and you have lots of interior choices that look great! There are a lot of threads which suggest soft resale on white cars, but PW is more of a cream anyway so I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Chili Red/White does fit well on the Coopah, however I considered it a little too wild for an all occasion car, and while not glaring, a little too bright for my liking. Take into account as well that of all the colors, this one might be most prone to fading. I test drove a Pepper White/Black MCS before placing my order, and had a terrible time deciding between it and Dark Silver/White. I finally went with the DS/W which I thought was the most professional looking of the color line, but EVERY time I see a PW/B, I can't stop looking at it. It has a nice classic feel. Another advantage is that if you are going to get a sunroof, it blends in better with the black roof than with a white roof. I hate to ask whether you are considering the issue of stripes....

Michael

·
MINI2 Irritant
951 Posts
I'd choose

PW/B - although not a nice colour, as a personally think it looks like sour milk. I'd go for that over CR - the old reason being is that when u come to sell there wont be many PWs and you'll shift it quicker.

When I specced up my S I went for Black/Black as there werent many about. So many people told me to go DS, I was tempted but new that when I came to sell - there would be 1 black/black to 20 Dark silvers.

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
i've had a red/white for the last 2 years & never regretted buying that colour choice. contrary to popular belief, red lags way behind pure silver & black in terms of cars on the road. its the classic mini combo & always stands out.

my new car due next month is pepper white all over beacause i fancied a change & it was the only other colour i fancied & also because of its relative scarcity. i dont think residuals will be heavily knocked due to this colour, its not like a bland ice white. colour is secondary to spec for most second hand buyers & anyway, you have to live with the car, you should get what you want, not what will please the next person down the line.

have you seen both colours in the metal? you really need to before making that decision. one thing is for sure - whichever you end up choosing, you'll love it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts