·
BRG Cabrio S
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
NODDDY
153 Posts
Thank you for sharing this great video.

I placed my order for a MCSC 2 weeks ago and the video just made me feel better about doing that. I'm in Melbourne Australia and have build "date" of Feb 2005 with delivery in April. I can't wait for the days to pass.

I guess yours will arrive well before then - ENJOY and please let me know your experience.

Thank you again

Cheers

Frosty

(Happy Christmas/Holidays to you and eveyone who reads this. Take care on the roads!)

·
BRG Cabrio S
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Frosty_Boy said:
I'm in Melbourne Australia and have build "date" of Feb 2005 with delivery in April.

I guess yours will arrive well before then - ENJOY and please let me know your experience.

How do you find the build date? Is that information you get from your dealer? Also, I see people talking about their "MA"... Does that stand for MINI Associate? Sorry so stupid. :)

I ordered my MCSC in the first week of Dec. So would that possibly be a Jan. build or Feb. build???

Btw... I have to say that I have never seen a more polite and respectful group of people than here. Just reading these posts make me even more proud to be a MINI owner. Thanks all. Happy Holidays.

·
Benny the Yellow Cab
347 Posts
Great Video - tried to download it to save but couldn't --anybody have ideas on that?

Well...if you like the MINI Anticipation Experience...wait till you actually get to experience the MINI Ownership Experience.

I said this in another thread and I mean it....I've never felt so good about sending in a car payment as I do with the MINI.

My MCSC did not come with the sticker either...or the switch cover that I've also seen. I bought a Convertible Introduction Press Kit on Ebay and it had the sticker in it.

Truth is..the day we took Benny home it was snowing and terrible so the top was up right from the get-go. We've had nice top down weather since though and it's wonderful.

The thing that amazes me is when I'm motoring in the Open Mode and I pass another convertible - they almost always have their top up. Why would they not take advantage of a nice day and Motor Open?

Ah well.....their loss.

Peter...still enthralled after 4 weeks...in Denver

·
Registered
220 Posts
Goatherder said:
I ordered my MCSC in the first week of Dec. So would that possibly be a Jan. build or Feb. build???
Your production number reveals your production week. The last two digits of your number will be the week in the year that you are scheduled for production (eg; week 52 is the last week in December, week 01 is the first week in January, etc.). You can get your production number from the OL under "Review Order Detail" in the "Where's your baby" tracking page.

Also, e-mail the OL and ask them for your baby's birth date after your production date has passed.

BTW - I ordered mine on October 18, and am expecting to pick it up next week. That's approx. 10 weeks? It was a week 47 production and was completed on 11/16/04.

·
BRG Cabrio S
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cherry2005 said:
Your production number reveals your production week. The last two digits of your number will be the week in the year that you are scheduled for production (eg; week 52 is the last week in December, week 01 is the first week in January, etc.)
The last two digits on my production # is 34. That means that it is 34 weeks into 2005?!! That would be September! That can't be right. That's a 38 week wait! Please tell me that is not right!

·
Registered
86 Posts
My production number ended in 74....and it was built in week 47. So if you care to follow this logic, with your last digits of 34, you have the 43rd build week and a 48 week wait....and no its not right! Just call Miniusa and ask them.

Merry X-mas!

Tom

·
Registered
36 Posts
Goatherder said:
How do you find the build date? Is that information you get from your dealer? Also, I see people talking about their "MA"... Does that stand for MINI Associate? Sorry so stupid. :)

Btw... I have to say that I have never seen a more polite and respectful group of people than here. Just reading these posts make me even more proud to be a MINI owner. Thanks all. Happy Holidays.
MA = Motoring Advisor

Motor 'til you drop!
:cool:

·
No Steenkin Preevileeg
664 Posts
Goatherder said:
The last two digits on my production # is 34. That means that it is 34 weeks into 2005?!! That would be September! That can't be right. That's a 38 week wait! Please tell me that is not right!
It is not right. The prod# for my Aug 04 build S was 7460969-- and it was a week 33 build. The prod # reveals nothing as to build week, it's only a sequential number used for the order/build process until a formal VIN# is issued. Jimbo

·
Registered
6 Posts
Your dealer should have told you

Goatherder, you should ask your dealer when your's will be built - our's told us that each dealer gets a monthly quota, and so if you buy at a popular dealer then you will have to wait and wait!

The Seattle/Tacoma MINI dealership in October 04 were quoting MSCS delivery in November 05! And so we switched to MOTH and our car is being built at the factory now :D

Happy new year!
David.

·
BRG Cabrio S
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just got off the phone with Andrea from Keeler Mini and she said to expect it to go into production in a few days! :D

BTW, these forums are dangerous to read because I am already looking at some mods that require more $$. Damn you all for getting me excited about my MINI! :D

·
Need to replace a NBC!
82 Posts
jediross said:
Thanks for sharing, though only yesterday i changed my colour combo from BRG/B to CB/B. Now I'm not sure again!!!

:D

Welcome to the club! I must have changed my specs a ton of times before the cut off! It's all part of the fun.

-Steve

·
Registered
193 Posts
Peter Crowl said:
I said this in another thread and I mean it....I've never felt so good about sending in a car payment as I do with the MINI.

My MCSC did not come with the sticker either...or the switch cover that I've also seen. I bought a Convertible Introduction Press Kit on Ebay and it had the sticker in it.

The thing that amazes me is when I'm motoring in the Open Mode and I pass another convertible - they almost always have their top up. Why would they not take advantage of a nice day and Motor Open?

Ah well.....their loss.

Peter...still enthralled after 4 weeks...in Denver
I'm with you on the car payment, Peter. Every other car I've purchased I resented sending in the payment. Now I'm actually happy to send it in knowing that it is closer and closer to being owned by no one but me.

Mine didn't come with the sticker. It had a little plastic case that you could open up, kinda like those you see covering thermostats. It was cute for a week, and now it sits in my MINI gadget/promo box.

So you noticed that about the other cabrios as well?! What's up with that! I find it most amazing when I see Beamers, Audis, and Mercs with their tops up...spend that much on a convertible and you better believe I am going to enjoy it. Here in FL we have had plenty of topdown weather, and still people have their tops up. What a waste. Anyway, as long as the temp is above 60 and it isnt raining, my top is down. If I had gone for the heated seats, I probably would keep it down into the 50s. I think I'm doing a pretty good job abiding by the 90/10 rule.

Hey did you guys get the bumper sticker? "Is my top closed? Report me: 1-888 DO NOT CLOSE" If you haven't called the number before, it is worth a call.

Oh and thanks for the video. That color combo is sahweet.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Goatherder said:
BTW, these forums are dangerous to read because I am already looking at some mods that require more $$. Damn you all for getting me excited about my MINI! :D
No doubt. I've had mine for less than 6 weeks and it's already in the shop for an Alta 15% pulley and intake. If I hadn't spent so many countless hours on here while I was awaiting The Rascal King's arrival, I probably would never have known all these wonderful mods were available!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.