MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
MINI2 Crash Test Driver
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it only me or does any one else think those addon lights, you know the little round ones "auxiliary driving lamps" as bmw like to call them, look absolutely shocking!

http://www.dave.mcrae.btinternet.co.uk/images/ACC06.JPG

(baldie's scan)

The rest of the minis design is smooth and sleek yet friendly. These lights just seem like cheap things bolted on. I saw a mini with some on at my dealers a few months back and they looked so tacky, as if they could fall off at any time!

On another point, spoke to my dealer today and my cooper's delivery date is March 20th, that's nearly a month earlier than expected! Woohoo!

·
Registered
353 Posts
I like them - especially when there are 4 of them.:D :D :D

·
Registered
353 Posts
I like them - especially when there are 4 of them.:D :D :D

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Phil Craddock said:
PS forgot to mention this is a shot of my Cooper taken yesterday in deepest darkest Wales:D
And What's wrong with Wales :confused: :confused: :D :D :D ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am in agreement that the addon lights look a bit iffy or GAY. I had the unfortunate experience of a loan BMW MINI from my dealer with a couple tacked on the front. It didn't help that the Car was yellow all over also.

On inspection by my self and my workmates it didn't look like the lights were very securely attached. They could easily be removed by a passing nutter!

They looked the business on the retro Mini's but they are out of place on the BMW MINI

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
I like them, but at the back of my mind I can see some drunken yob coming along & kicking them off :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Smiffy
no effence ment;)
Wales is great for MINI driving with those tight twisty switch backs an'all. And it was Indie's first real test at a long stint...... I was out recci'ing some sites for a client and I spent about 8 hours all toll bom'in up and down leafy/mountain roads....just like any stage on the Rally of GB:D
Any way, those 2 spots are FANTASTIC at night when on full dazzle and they seem very well engineered with the bracket fixings;) if someone wants to take 'em off they need to get there socket set out and get under the bonnet..........But again it comes down to what you want from your car, a prefer a rally look to a circuit racer look which is more in keeping with what a bog standard road car is or derived from (homogalation and all that stuff)..........but horses for courses as usual:p

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
well i have had them fitted to mine and cant wait to see them on Friday

Phil - on a seperate note how much did your dealer charge you for parts and fitting??

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Eliseboy,
the spots were all wrapped up in my finance deal with Sytner BWM/MINI but I think they were in the region of £280 - £300, which does seem a tad expensive but I am v.glad i've got 'em as they are v.possey when you flash cars to let 'em out of junctions and so on.........:D
and when you see another MINI/Mini well..........:D :D

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Eliseboy - yes they only work when main beam is on:cool:
but you know when you see those great in car scenes on WRC/rally programs at night.......:D
well its just like that, well almost, and with SSP+ you get two exact beams of light bouncing off any thing they see:D :D

Its such a MINI adventure....
MINI turns night into day.......the end;)

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Phil Craddock said:
Smiffy
no effence ment;)
Wales is great for MINI driving with those tight twisty switch backs an'all. And it was Indie's first real test at a long stint...... I was out recci'ing some sites for a client and I spent about 8 hours all toll bom'in up and down leafy/mountain roads....just like any stage on the Rally of GB:D
Yeah, I know :D :) :D :D :D :cool:

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
i agree that the lights are fantastic
Phil - do you know there wattage?
also, do yours have a wire hanging underneath the light which then goes into the bonnet, as mine does but i saw 2 others that didn thave this

the vision at night is just like day:D

·
Registered
353 Posts
They'd look so much better if they were evenly spaced across the bonnet.

I'll be getting 4 spot when I've saved the money!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts