MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
All 4 wheels pointed down
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, I am having a fun time locating a shipping company that will transport my MINI from San Antonio, Texas to Phoenix, Arizona. I have contacted 3 companies but thought I would ask the public for any ideas.

Company A, enclosed truck, wants 2-4 weeks to deliver the car and $950. A wee bit long for my liking.
Company B, enclosed truck, wants 2-3 days to deliver the car and $825. Although, due to the nature of the business, they do not believe they will have a truck going through Texas heading west.
Company C, open truck, 2-4 days and $600.

Not sure why I kept the names hidden, just trying to be polite to the companies. Company C appears to be the front runner. I guess traveling in an open truck is not as bad as it sounds! Just a little dirty/dusty!

Now, does anyone have any experiences with shipping a MINI and did the companies stick to their word about delivery dates. I have heard a story that a company promised its customer a vehicle within 7 days, and it took 3 weeks.
Going to Texas was a thought as well, but I will be unable to get away from work in order to do it! :(

I am trying to decide if Company C is as good as it gets, or if someone knows of a company that can bet that price and is reliable!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I ordered my MCS from Mini of Nashville and plan to have it shipped to Seattle. Since the waiting list at NW Mini is rediculus, I am going out of state. I have reviewed several shipping lines and I think I will be going with DAS. They have a covered truck and the cost will be around $1200. My MCS should be built and ready to ship sometime in December.

If anyone has any experience in shipping and recommended company, I would be interested.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.