MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Benny the Yellow Cab
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is the day! 12 weeks .. almost to the day ..and today's the day!

Noon...we'll see our new baby for the first time....go over it with a fine tooth comb...get in...they'll open the door...we'll start up and drive off into ... 8 inches of snow. Well...maybe not that much this afternoon, but by tomorrow there should be 8 or more.

<sigh>

No glorious run into the mountains ... just a fast dash home to the garage.

But you know what?

Today's the Day!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Peter...who kind of expected this to happen..in Denver

·
I can't spell
2,856 Posts
Congrats Peter. Like many have said, your definition of cold will quickly change once you have the car. Glad your wait is finally over.

·
Registered
86 Posts
You're probably still going over the car and won't see this but I hope you get the mini snowplow accessory.
At least you can put the top down in the garage.

Congratulations!

Tom

·
Benny the Yellow Cab
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Simply Awesome!

All the times I stopped by the dealer while waiting I'd look at the MINI's and think that some day one will be mine. Even after we got there I had to make myself realize that it was this car and it was today!

Handover took about 2 hours including paperwork. If anybody needs a referral to the best people in Denver it's Ralph Schomp MINI and Vince Quick, our MA. He took almost 90 minutes to explain every facet about the car and all its features. Even though I have been immersing myself in the details since we ordered, I'm glad he did 'cause I learned a few things. After he was finished, I went over The Checklist and found that aside from a few finish inspection details, he had covered everything with me during the delivery.

The car is simply stunning and even though I could not really "drive" it due to conditions, it was a little slice of heaven to take it home.

The top, btw, showed no indication of wear...I cycled it many times...and it was snug and quiet on the road.

Peter...who has to go out to the garage now and read the manual to the new arrival...in Denver

Attachments

·
Registered
514 Posts
Congratulations Peter! Just looking at your pictures gets me thinking about our upcoming delivery. I just found out today that our baby sets sail for the East Coast this Monday. :) With any luck she should be coming home the first or second week of December.

Now I have to deal with the hard part - telling IndiMini (our 02 MC) she needs to find a new family. :(

·
Benny the Yellow Cab
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There was a guy at the dealership with his turning 17 year old daughter, buying her a slightly used Indi Blue / White Tin Top...she will give it a good home, and I'll bet you'll find a good home for IndiMini as well! I think the price was around $17,800 btw.

Interesting thing ... when we were ordering the MCSC there was a guy there ordering a Cooper for his turning 16 year old daughter. Must be a thing. Hard for me to imagine ...'cause in my life experience nobody bought new cars for their teen age kids!

Peter... still sporting an ear to ear grin...in Denver

·
Registered
193 Posts
Incredible! Your car is spectacular and amazingly you guys are all color coordinated! I'm really liking the look of the yellow. Glad i didn't see more pics of them before I ordered, or my decision would have been even harder. The zipper car cover is very clever on the dealer's part.

I'm glad you mentioned the checklist, since in all my excitement of my upcoming delivery I forgot to get one. I have seen a couple various ones here on the site. Did you just use the one on the forum faqs or did you add to it/adapt it? Would love any info.

Despite the weather, you can still enjoy it! Just park it in the garage, pop the top down, set up a TV in front of the car and an XBox on the passenger seat, pick your favorite driving game, turn on the AC fan full blast, and use your imagination from there. It's worked well for you through the production/delivery process already!

·
Benny the Yellow Cab
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Checklist

This is an amalgam of one from a thread titled Handover from Hell, and my own additions

**************************************************************************************************************************

MINI Acceptance Checklist

__ Underneath bonnet check that reservoirs are filled for headlamp wash and rear and windscreen wash you should be able to see the water. Check oil and coolant levels as well has brake fluid. Finally check fabric underneath bonnet is nice and clean.

___ 2. Check paint work is free from any dirt marks, hairline scratches or any type of scratches, any paint drips caused from factory and most important of all check places that are not in view like underneath your doors (use a torch if necessary) around edges of boot and bonnet.

___ 3. Check wheel spats (plastic around wheel arches) and sills are free from any wax or scratch marks. Also check underneath bumpers too.

___ 4. Check alloys are free from any marks and scratches.

___ 5. Check all lights are in working order has well has heated seats, folding wing mirrors, lights underneath both passenger and drivers side doors should be lit when you open doors as well has interior lights.

___ 6. Make sure the dealer shows you how to fit wind deflector and put it away if you have one.

___ 7. Check alarm works with doors locked and roof down. If you wave your hand around near dash board alarm should off.....but wait at least 3 minutes before waving your hand around (apparently your hand should set a sensor off).

___ 8. Check remote hood with your key (if you put key in door and turn your hood should go up)

___ 9. Check all glass lowers when you put hood down and also when roof up and windows closed check that the glass sits flush in seals and there are no gaps between top of glass and hood if there is a gap this could cause water to enter in car. LASTLY check all glass is free from any cracks or marks.

____10. Check all rubber seals around door housings are not loose and are in place.

____11. Check boot shuts flush. Check at least 4 or 5 times if it doesn't shut properly then the boot needs realigning.

____12. Ask the dealer to operate hood at least 3 times and check for any wear marks at this stage and then wait 20 minutes and ask dealer to operate hood a couple more times at least at this stage you might see if any marks start to occur on hood.

____13. Check that there are two holes on rubber on boot edge (the rubber that surrounds boot edge) these 2 holes are small drill holes for water to drain away). Make sure rubber is covering fabric in boot and not pinching.

____14. Check dealer has FULLY valeted your car this will mean checking underneath all mats for any dirt marks, door pockets, plastics, and even underneath sills just run your finger under all 4 sides. Check for any polished marks not wiped away.

____15. Check that you interior dash and door pockets are not scratched (colour coded and non colour coded plastics)

____16. Check all seats work and move and no foam showing through.

____17. Check headlamps and rear lights are free from any scratches or marks.

____18. Check all seat belts work.

____19. Check your glove compartment door locks and unlocks.

____20. Check Windshield Wiper function including rain sensor

____21. Check Audio System function - bring both traditional and MP3 CD's

____22. Check OBC function

____23. Check MFSW function

____24. Check Auto climate control function

____25. Check all Stalk Control functions

____26. Check rear window heater function

____27. Check Mirror heaters and all washers for function

****************************************************************************************************************************

As I said, though, my MA took us through virtually all these items...and so should yours.

Peter...liking that XBox concept...in Denver

·
Benny the Yellow Cab
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They had the antenna off as there was a cover over the car when we got there. It's on now...a small antenna would be a thought though.

Peter..Lovin Life...today anyway...In Denver

·
Registered
437 Posts
Peter,

Car looks great, really like the color! Have fun, sorry the weather isn't cooperating.

I haven't put my top down in days, in the 30's and rainy here

·
Benny the Yellow Cab
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Our storm is heading your way...My wife will be in the thick of it for Thanksgiving at Lake Poygan (sp?)

Tonight I went out to the garage and just sat in it in the dark with the instrument lights on...so beautiful...and it's so great that the radio works without the ignition having to be on!

Went for a short drive today... splashback was awful..washers are awesome!

Peter... in Denver

·
Registered
243 Posts
Spectacular choice, Peter. I wish I had the guts to go yellow, as I love the color. But being the official King of Indecision, yellow is a bold move that would surely haunt me and my many neuroses. :) I'm one of those play-it-safe silver/dark silver kind of guys. But thankfully there are yellow buyers that give me a chance to gawk and say "Nice!!!!"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts