MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MINI VANILLI
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one- i got a paint chip on my one month old pepper white cooper's bonnet down to the metal. should i buy touch up paint and seal it up before winter, or can i wait till spring. its getting to cold to touch up a car now. will it rust if i wait. i'm guessing no because mini has a 6 year rust warrenty. so the metal should not rust. what should i do???????

two- i have the xenon lights. when i turn them on they self level. well.......what happens when i turn them on when my car is on a steep incline or decline. do they level and stay that way or do they continuously level as i drive??????????

three- winter is coming. i have 16" performance runflats on my cooper right now. i'm looking to get 15" winter tires and rims. will the smaller tires and wheels greatly reduce my ground clearence.

·
almost 59k
5,117 Posts
flav said:
one- i got a paint chip on my one month old pepper white cooper's bonnet down to the metal. should i buy touch up paint and seal it up before winter, or can i wait till spring. its getting to cold to touch up a car now. will it rust if i wait. i'm guessing no because mini has a 6 year rust warrenty. so the metal should not rust. what should i do???????

two- i have the xenon lights. when i turn them on they self level. well.......what happens when i turn them on when my car is on a steep incline or decline. do they level and stay that way or do they continuously level as i drive??????????

three- winter is coming. i have 16" performance runflats on my cooper right now. i'm looking to get 15" winter tires and rims. will the smaller tires and wheels greatly reduce my ground clearence.
Paint chip - if possible get it done now, especially if your getting wet weather. The MINI does have a anti rust warranty but im sure theres some small print in the Terms and Conditions stating that you must take appropriate steps to prevent rust occuring etc.

xenons, not really sure, ive never noticed.

winter wheels - yes smaller tires will reduce ground clearance considerably unless you fit some larger tires.

·
50 PMs no sig group
22,285 Posts
flav said:
I have 16" runflats for the summer and 15" winter wheels. I've been running on the winter wheels for about 3 weeks now and, although I suppose the ground clearance is reduced, I haven't really noticed. I don't think you'll have too much trouble unless you're driving over some really rough roads :)

·
2003 PS MCS
137 Posts
flav said:
They will constantly level as you drive so as to prevent shining into other driver's eyes.

J\

·
Registered
295 Posts
flav said:
The simple answer is NO the ground clearance will not be affected because the tyres won't be the same aspect ratio.
The 15 inch tyres will be a higher aspect ratio (tyrewall height to width) which will mean thet the overall diameter of the 15 inch wheel and tyre combination will be within a BSB (British Standard Bawhair) of the overall diameter of the 16 inch wheel and tyre combination therefore exactly the same ground clearance.
If it wasn't then the Speedo readings would be completely f**ked up (and also ILLEGAL)
Most Tyre stores and websites will suggest wheel-tyre combinations which will work and most give details of the overall diameters.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.