MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i love my car to bits dont get me wrong, but one thing i can not stand is the throttle delay on it. Its a 2001 One and its almost like the car is never ready 4 when i put me foot down when i pull off, some times its so bad the car skips and it makes me look like a right arse. iv got a Bluefin and was hoping that would sort it out but nop if not worse!
does anyone else have this problem? or is there sumat wrong with that car?
My friend mentioned maybe the throttle position sensors on its way out :S
If anyone has any ideas id be really grateful.
Cheers.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi c.gray, i think its a mini characteristic because my 2002 mini one suffers with throttle delay. Its probably due to the engine map and a fly by wire throttle set up instead of a good old fashioned throttle cable. Bit of a bummer like you say but i`m sure there are ways around it.

·
Damned
4,534 Posts
....its almost like the car is never ready 4 when i put me foot down when i pull off.....
You dont mention whether you have A/C fitted to your car, but if you have - just ensure its always switched off when not rqd, as it really knows how to sap the power from the MINI & give the symptoms you describe.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
You dont mention whether you have A/C fitted to your car, but if you have - just ensure its always switched off when not rqd, as it really knows how to sap the power from the MINI & give the symptoms you describe.
Tell me about it :( flipping thing is wild for it :(

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What RPM ? At below 2000 RPM is normal for a 16 valve car to delay. After 2000 RPM it should fly....
no its just as you set off, theres about a half second deley from when u push the accelerator to the engine doing something.
it does sound much but damn its annoying.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
to answer/reply to most people, thanks for the replies saying you have the same thing, its put my mind to rest a bit. Yes i have A/C but i never use it, i could understand if that was it,
for the people saying about the spring booster, sounds good, but i'm really annoyed that i spend £300 quid of the Bluefin Superchip and it didn't do a damn thing to the response, but once i get the car checked over with a few other problems i have (2001 MINIs ey ;) ) il ask about it, and if the cars characteristic i guess il be looking at the springbooster, does this do anything dramatic?
thanks for everyones replys

·
Registered
195 Posts
get an induction kit aswell....allows more air in more quickly, it might have all been in my head but when i fitted mine the throttle response did seem quicker!!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sprint booster is the way forward my friend.
I have this inconjuction with bluefin and pipercross viper induction kit and there is zero lag on the throttle and just instant power on my cooper.
get an induction kit aswell....allows more air in more quickly, it might have all been in my head but when i fitted mine the throttle response did seem quicker!!!
i was lookin into inductions kits actually, thanks both for the response :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts