• don your besr cape & tell igor to make the lab ready

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's your take on thunderstorms - do you run around madly howling at the sky or do you immediately unplug everything & hide in the cellar praying for it to be over?

·
MINI defector
13,698 Posts
I love watching thunderstorms :cool: :cool:

Although I do somethimes wonder if I should unplug things like the TV aerial :confused:
My sky box went caput the other day during the thunderstorms, must be due to too much static in the air, luckily it worked again later but at no point did I unplug it from the wall :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
The lightning show is great but the storm itself is a pain. Everyday it rains in Florida during the summer. Everyday I have to wash the Mini.

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
Love them :D

The air is so much fresher after a thunderstorm due to the ozone (I think).

I used to be really scared of them when I was young, then the mystery disappeared when I learnt about the science behind it, now I love them!

Mind you, they do cause power failures at work, and trips out the electricity supply, resulting in loss time and rejects :rolleyes:

DK ;) :apple:

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
I luv em, especially some of them we've had this week with forked lightning and the like;) but my 7 year old son hates them and shakes like a s******g dog and cries so I don't like them cos of that :(

·
www.totalmini*****
15,256 Posts
I love them, and have been known to stand in the garden naked during good ones. Not quite as nuts as it sounds actually ;)

·
www.totalmini*****
15,256 Posts
Jeep-2-mini said:
Love em - amd have been known to get the camera out to try & get some shots of Buttons while he's naked in the garden. He's such a good looking masculine bloke with bulging muscles and a massive.... presence :D
:eek: So it's you who's been sneaking around in my back garden?? :eek:

·
almost 59k
5,117 Posts
having been lucky / unlucky to be caught on an alpine ridge at 2500m in the middle of a thunderstorm soaking wet holding a metal ice axe, tethered to my mates with wet nylon rope and having lots of metal rock climbing kit clipped about myself. i can say.........

I have a healthy appreciation of what lightning can do. Infact lightning hit about 10ft away from me and its not fun! Looks orange tho when it actually hits the ground too! anyway i still rush to the window to watch it when it happens.

in fact yesterday i was caught in the worst of the local storm on the M3 mid afternoon.....

·
I Just Can't Get Enough
49,320 Posts
love em, except when the thunder makes the building shake :eek: our office is all steel framed and steel clad so it reverburates most odd!!! :p :D the colour of the sjy too like an inky bluey colour :D

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
We had a really bad one last year in Thetford.

I was at home preparing a picnic, and suddenly it went woosh, and I could see 6in of water outside the patio door!

The factory flooded, with few inches of water on the lower floor - the drains could not cope with the sudden rush of volume. Pallets had to be re-stacked, carpets changed, lost of production time (lots), it was certainly no fun!

DK :) :apple:

·
www.totalmini*****
15,256 Posts
Apparently it was only an inch away from the bottom of my old man's front door, and stretched all the way across the road to the houses opposite, like a lake, you couldn't see the kerbs or anything!! :eek::eek:

Glad I'm in Ireland :D:D:D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
About this Discussion
35 Replies
23 Participants
Hat
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing