MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have a mini 2003 non s...the car has developed a ticking noise while driving, when the clutch is pressed it disappears and does not make a sound when sitting in neutral and revving. It seems to speed up and down when accelerating. I understand these gear boxes are not that great and was assuming this is either the clutch or fly wheel common problem...I hope I'm wrong as I understand this is an expensive job...if anyone could shed some light on this and what cost anyone else had fixing this issue as I'm sure it's a 6 hour labour cost just to replace the clutch 馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Got it going in garage on tuesday to get checked but clutch an gear changes etc are absolutely fine no problems or crunching so maybe other issues

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I found out today it's the bearings in the gearbox apparently...whole new gearbox needed....coat is eye watering so going to drive it till it dies then scrap it

Registered
I found out today it's the bearings in the gearbox apparently...whole new gearbox needed....coat is eye watering so going to drive it till it dies then scrap it
can it bee that noone repairs them
in mine country full gearboh repair 200鈧 in parts and 80鈧 labor
why scrap it?

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
650 reconditioned gearbox fitted plus vat... around 拢800 cars hardly worth that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts