MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its now time for my family to go through the long, arduous and confusing journey of finding an infant seat system that works in the MINI.

I found out yesterday that we are expecting our third child in July 2005.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Congratulations:D:D

there are quite a few US parents posting in this forum that will be full of advice on products that might be suitabe for your needs.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Paul- I love that forum, Im so glad its there!

Rakey- oh Im so hoping everyone gets into the minutia of what worked for them. i do *NOT* want to have to trade my MINI in- no way. Only way I would is if I'm carrying twins. Which I doubt. :)

Thank goodness my oldest is almost 17 and rarely goes out with us anyway, hahahaha. And we've got the Ford Aerostar for full family outings.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, Paul, I had posted it in my region to let my MINI friends know I was pregnant. lol. I guess I can just post to our yahoo newsgroup, though. :)

·
MTH MCS
38 Posts
Toddler Seat

My baby (Child not the Mini) is now a toddler.
I wanted to tell everyone how great the Reccaro Child seat is!
Easy to swap from car to car, and he loves to sit in it even in the boring Volvo.

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
Mojodiva said:
What did you use for an infant seat?
We had a Peg Prego Primo Viaggio. But to tell you the truth...while we made sure it fit the MINI...it never left our baby-hauling Land Rover and it will be retired later today as it has been outgrown (in less than 4 months) :eek:

Moving on to a Britax Roundabout.

And congratulations :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you, Spy Car!

Did it have a base to be fitted into so you just click it in and out? My husband is making 'crazy talk' and saying the minivan (an old Ford Aerostar) will become my primary vehicle and he'll be using the MINI. I keep saying, "Noooo, I can find a seat that I just click in with no problems!"

I understand if my teenage son is with me and my ten year old daughter and the baby, but he *rarely* tags along anymore (in fact he's preparing for his driver permit) and I want to avoid giving up the precious MINI!

(Have you considered selling your infant seat?)

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
Mojodiva said:
Thank you, Spy Car!

Did it have a base to be fitted into so you just click it in and out?
Yes...makes it most handy to move with sleeping infant from car, to shopping car or stroller.

I must say...under the influence of certain Britons (you know who you are ;) ) ...we did try to minimize the amount of time we kept our son in the car seat. Unlike most Americans who tend let their babies live in these things...Europeans think this is bad for the spine and almost child abuse. They are great when you need to do a quick grocery run for more diapers :p

Mojodiva said:
My husband is making 'crazy talk' and saying the minivan (an old Ford Aerostar) will become my primary vehicle and he'll be using the MINI. I keep saying, "Noooo, I can find a seat that I just click in with no problems!"
Well...I made a big point of finding a infant seat that would fit the MINI and a secondary stroller (Peg Prego "Aria"...only one available in th USA that fits as far as I know) that would fit in the "boot". The stroller has never been removed from its box and the car seat never entered the MINI after the initial fitting :(

Not saying it can't be done..because it has.

Mojodiva said:
I want to avoid giving up the precious MINI
Who can blame you...don't worry your husband will love it ;) :D

Mojodiva said:
(Have you considered selling your infant seat?)
At a bit of a loss as to what to do with the seat at this point...I don't think we are going to need it and what a waste.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts