MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently noticed the car making a tinging noise once its warmed up, i dont hear it while im driving so its not that loud but when i park it up or stopped in traffic i can hear it. Its not a consistent noise it can ting very quietly and sometimes quite a bit louder.. .

I can only describe it as the noise you hear when you turn the engine off in a big powerful car and it ticks and pings while its cooling, does the MCS engine do this?

How ever i have heard the noise when the engine is running and im stopped at the lights, I put Shell normal unleaded in it. Could it be its poor quality fuel?

It might be completely normal and im being daft but after driving a diesel for the last 2 and half years, its new to me :eek:

Thanks
Jason

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have had this noise too and never quite figured it out. I notice it when I have the passenger side window open. Thought it was something to do with the Miltek exhaust I fitted but I think it was there before - I have just had the widows down a bit more since fitting the exhaust so have noticed it more. Will be interesting to see if anyone comes up with anything. I'm not worried about it though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts