MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mini Crazy
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had this done and debating if to tell my insurance company. would it increase it, or reduce it as a security feature, or is it not worth mentioning?

·
Registered
765 Posts
They'll probably use it as an excuse to get out of paying up if you are involved in an accident since it is now illegal.

·
MINI2 Lover
463 Posts
yea tinting the all five windows, (excluding the front) is illigal in most states and provinces. And Although it's illigal, shops will tint ur windows anyways. By the way..not a big deal. Not even worth mentioning to the insurance..Even the cops are too damn lazy to pull u over for slight tints.. Unless the tinit it UBER UBER LIMO tint si the cops can't tell if u're pointing a gun at them as u drive by for fun. :D

·
See you in my rear view!!
901 Posts
Fine line between it being a security issue and a customising issue. The stuff that I had on my last MCS was made up of millions of tiny metal fibres so acted as a security barrier against thieves breaking into my car...but....it looked so fantastic....could be seen as a customisation therefore encouraging thieves to steal it!!

Jones! :D

·
BEP Owner
189 Posts
Hi Marka....

Well its being done by the dealer and it is (according to them) legal. I don't remember the %'s offhand. I'll be picking the car up TODAY (ie in about 1.5 hours!!!) and I'll post some pictures on here asap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts