MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Picked new Cooper up today had tinted glass fitted, looks very smart.Before you finalise your order ask to see the product option changes for cars built from Jan 05 their are quite a few including a 30% limited slip diff, tinted glass goes up to £120.There are also new alloys. I was given a product marketing bulletin which is for internal use only by the salesmen.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mr ONE, you couldn't take some pictures of your car could you? Is it just the rear or is the whole car windows tinted? I was under the impression it was only the rear 3 windows!

Yeah I heard about the changes from the forum and spoke to the sales guy a few days back and he mentioned a few price increases!

·
Registered
30 Posts
yorkshire-sam said:
Hi Mr ONE, you couldn't take some pictures of your car could you? Is it just the rear or is the whole car windows tinted? I was under the impression it was only the rear 3 windows!

Yeah I heard about the changes from the forum and spoke to the sales guy a few days back and he mentioned a few price increases!

Hope these are of some help.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Burti said:
I have my windows tinted all round (apart from windscreen) its only a mild tint, not to dark, done by pentagon, take a look at my gallery.
How much did Pentagon charge you to tint your front windows, I've been thinking of going to them to get mine done. How long did they take to do them, did they do a good job ?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers for the pictures! popped into a mini dealership today and had a good look around with cars spec'd with tints. Probably going to get the tints for the rear windows as I thought it looked real smart with DS/B..

Now I've to decide on full or part leather! my current choice would be part leather as it looked better

·
Registered
101 Posts
Mr ONE said:
How much did Pentagon charge you to tint your front windows, I've been thinking of going to them to get mine done. How long did they take to do them, did they do a good job ?
For sides (back and front) and the rear window it was £495, but that is tint which will stop the window from breaking if someone tries to smash it.....apparently !!, they have done a good job it and i think it looks pretty good. ohh and it was the previous owner that footed the bill :) so i dont know how long it took

·
Registered
411 Posts
Tints

yorkshire-sam said:

Tints at this link http://community.webshots.com/album/190817102Zetqdc this is the lightest tint I could have and at £200 ITS NOT SO BAD .

·
Registered
235 Posts
Or you could get the fitted rear and side sun blinds... much cheaper, make the windows look tinted, and you can take them with you to your next MINI or remove them if a potential buyer doesn't like tints. ;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
POB, my god, that was my nickname at school !!! chubby cheeks and sticky out ears !! :D i gone up in the world now, my mates calle me Burt coz they think i look like ernie from sesame street !! (see avatar !)

·
BEP Owner
189 Posts
Mr ONE said:
Mine were done by Pentagon via the dealer before I got the car... not sure how long they took to do, but you are warned not to open the windows for 36 hours after fitting, and not to clean them for about a week if I remember rightly. Snows charged me £395 for the lot (not sure how much it would be for just the fronts). Pictures in my gallery.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I phoned Pentagon today and was quoted £110 + VAT for the front side windows, I am getting them done on Wednesday. Not sure what tint to have though, will probably try to match the factory glass on the side and rear windows.

·
Registered
30 Posts
There are plenty of window tinting shops that will still tint your windows for you, no come back on them though. My mate bought a Mini for his daughter from a Mini main dealer, he had the rear tinted factory glass. When the car was delivered, the dealer then took the car to a window tinting co and got the fronts done for him even though it's illegal.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
so, it IS possible but illegal to get additional tinting to the fronts & remove the van effect of the optional MINI rear tints ... 30% tint ie 70% light transmission is the magic limit ... and the std MINI window tints are 20-25%

·
3 new text messages from.
96,277 Posts
This is getting a bit confusing.

I'm sure i read somewhere that front side tints are now totally illegal. But i'm guess some fitters are still doing them. Surely they should refuse to do it.

While coming home from the motorshow at the nec this year there was a police car that had pulled a couple of lads up, while the copper was talking to one the other was peeling off his front tints. So it looks like the plod are on to it. I wouldn't have them done just to be safe..

Even though i'm thinking of having the rear tints in my S i am unsure of the VAN look they sometimes give..

Is the van look a good or bad thing ?

:)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.