MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a cooper S 2003. Heres the issue. Tires are making squishing rubber sound loudly. It is quite embarrasing. Have had it to the shop but of course the noise quite before i got there. Service checked bearings and such and could find no problem.. The noise is back now on two tires. I wash the tires and rims down and take it for a drive and the noise would go away for a bit. Last night I think I finally discovered the problem and thought I would check to see if anyone else has this problem..... I have 17" alloy wheels and have the run flat all seasonal tires that were purchased with the vehicle. At closer inspection where tire and rim meet, portion of the tire is actually rubbing the rim and has deposited black rubber on the rim edge as well. At some place around the rim where tire and rim meet the gap is different than others. It seems as though the tires do not fit the rims quite righ (too large) and having some strange tire wear along with the awful sound. Thinking maybe rims are european as to where tires are US of A and don't quite seat correctly.I have never noticed any leaking so the seal is good but just bulges enough to contact rim secondarly. Pressure is good so not happening due to under inflation Before I bring this up with the dealer I want to check with all of you to see if anyone has heard of this issue. thanks. Its driving me nuttier than my normal state :) help !.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had this on my 17s but never noticed a noise just the rubber on the rim. That's in Britain with Pirelli runflats that I think were made in Germany.
Just turn up the radio or get a Playmini/Scorpion exhaust! ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts