MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
In my perfect MINI world
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On October 21I placed an order with TireRack.com for 4 Dunlop Winter M3 195/55 16s on steel rims with covers total $834.65. The rims were due in on October 26. No problem, it was October, I'm in lowish NY.

On October 26 the rims were pushed back to October 31. On Halloween they were pushed to November 5. On November 5, the 10 was the expected arrival date. I called TireRack and was told they had just cleared customs and would be in ANY day. On November 10 the date became November 20 (tomorrow). I just checked the order and now the date is November 30.

At this point I think I can expect the tires sometime next August. I will be calling TireRack on Monday and speaking with someone in charge. At this point in time I will not purchase from TireRack again. I would think twice about TireRack if I were you.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Sorry to hear your situation with Tire Rack. Over the past 6 years I have purchased 4 different sets of wheel / snow tire packages from Tire Rack and in all cases I placed the order on a Sunday or Monday and the packages were delivered within 4 working days!
These included a set of alloy wheels and tires for a Mercedes M-class, steel wheels and tires for 2 different cavaliers (1990 and 2002) and steel wheels and tires for my "other" MINI Cooper.
For my new MCSC I got alloys loaded with Pirelli Wintersport runflats from my dealr at a VERY advantageous price.
Once again, sorry to hear about your experience.

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
Sorry to hear but it's apparently out of their control. They give you time lines based on what the manufacturer gave them. I will say that your problem is unusual for The TireRack.
I've ordered performance tires, winter tires and track tires and wheels for my MCS, truck tires for my pickup, touring tires for a sedan, winter wheel and tires for the RX-8, wheel rings......and have never had a problem.

·
Loves the Fuzzy One
16,525 Posts
I've ordered tires and the daisy wheels for my Beetle from Tire Rack and always been happy with the results.

·
In my perfect MINI world
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why do they back off the date 5 or 10 days at a time, tell me they are shipped, cleared customs and then let the date slip YET AGAIN?

·
Loves the Fuzzy One
16,525 Posts
jimskater said:
I'd never seen the beetle before, Sherry. Very cute. :D
Thanks Jim. I've had it for over five years now, an eon for a car ho like me. :D Very good and reliable car, and the 48 mpg of diesel doesn't hurt either. ;)

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
reills said:
Why do they back off the date 5 or 10 days at a time, tell me they are shipped, cleared customs and then let the date slip YET AGAIN?
I'm sure they're just passing along the status relayed to them by the manufacturer. I work in distribution and can tell you from first-hand experience there is nothing worse from our end than promising the customer something and then not being able to deliver due to issues with a manufacturer.

Granted, the customer (rightly) doesn't care who's fault it is (they just want their stuff) and part of our job in distribution is to take the heat from the customer so the manufacturer doesn't have to. Such is the life of the distributor.

I realize this doesn't make you feel any better, but the good things I've heard about TireRack so outweigh the bad I'd say your situation is more of an aberration than the norm. Here's hoping they resolve your issue quickly and to your satisfaction.

·
In my perfect MINI world
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just got off of the phone with a supervisor at TrieRack.com. She stated that they LOST the container in which my steel rims were shipping. She stated they had no expected date of arrival even though they state November 30 on the web site.

Why is it my getting ANYTHING for Pigwidgeon turns into an ordeal? Getting Pig in the first place, then the CooperFlag stripes went south and I had to get my Irish up to get them to respond, and now snow tires from TireRack.

I am not a difficult person to deal with, I am in customer service and know both sides of the situation. I do have a good sense when I am being jerked around, and loosing a container for three weeks...

·
kgouin
481 Posts
I ordered my winter tires and rims in October and I had them 2 weeks later because I had to wait for the rims to come in. They actually had arrived earlier then estimated from tire rack. I know many people that order from there and don't seem to have any problems. Though if I were still waiting on my tires I would be pretty upset as well, especially since the snow will be flying soon. Maybe they could give you the road hazard protection for free because of the long wait.

·
Registered
167 Posts
hey kgouin

kgouin: what size/kind wheels and snow tires for your car...how was yor casr last year in the snow and what tires were you running on...I am in the same climate residing in beautiful sunny Milford Mass.....My 04 MC currently has 175/65 15" conti-touring allseasons and was pretty decent in the snow last winter, but thinking of getting snows for this winter...what do you think?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts