MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would Mini dealer allow you to put a car in for a service early?

I have just acquired 10 month old 8,000 mile Mini Cooper which has service indicator indicating service in 1800 miles. I do low mileage and would prefer comfort of servicing now.

Brycem

·
M2 Bapmaster
3,138 Posts
Woa, that's probably the highest service value i've heard of, I thought most people ended up getting there's done at 8500. Anyway to answer your questio, I think nope they don't allow it that far in advance, normally just a few hunred miles either side. But i'd double check with your dealer to be sure. :)

·
my ponies have escaped!!!
4,955 Posts
mine is at 9000 and reckons it needs to go in at 10k ish
need to call them sooon me thinks

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
brycem said:

I have just acquired 10 month old 8,000 mile Mini Cooper which has service indicator indicating service in 1800 miles. I do low mileage and would prefer comfort of servicing now.

Brycem
Depends on what you call low mileage, if you clock up 1800miles in the next 3 months id take it in then, as long as all fluid levels appear to be ok, if you bought the car from Mini they should have given it a good once over before selling it, but dont think they will usually service your car until its less than 1000miles before the service so you probably wouldnt have that long to wait anyway.

·
Registered
765 Posts
brycem said:

Brycem
I would just wait until the 1800 miles/2 years are up. The first service isn't until approx 25k miles anyway. The 10k first one is just an oil change.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Skinnyrunt said:
Woa, that's probably the highest service value i've heard of, I thought most people ended up getting there's done at 8500. Anyway to answer your questio, I think nope they don't allow it that far in advance, normally just a few hunred miles either side. But i'd double check with your dealer to be sure. :)
Dunno, I thought I pushed mine pretty hard, but it says it'll need doing about 11k miles. (MCS)

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
I think I had mine at around 9k miles, and believe that you should start planning to service the car with a few hundred miles to go :)

A few hundred miles either way is fine apparently, as mentioned by Skinny :)

DK ;) :apple:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts