MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Blast from the past !
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice that EVO magazine still get TLC on their Works - Anyone else with a Works managed to get TLC honoured (Ginge ?) - Club Sport were excluded from TLC but considering that they don't have any mechanical additions different from Works hard to see how this would affect servicing ? Are JCW / BMW being inconsistent here ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
TLC no....

Racer - I'd be interested in any follow-up you do on this. I was informed no TLC on my Works by JCW. If BMW are saying it is now available I would be miffed to say the least....

They should let us take it out if so...

Flowki

·
Blast from the past !
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Flowki

In this months EVO they say that the BMW dealer tried to charge them for their service - but they didn't have to pay when the dealer reailised they had TLC - Now their car was originally a COoper and then went for Works Conversion so don't know if that makes a difference - Perhaps JCW can clarify

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
I was told by JCW's that if you buy a car from a MINI dealer and then get it converted it can retain the TLC package. If you buy one direct from them you cannot have the TLC.

·
Blast from the past !
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
monsta said:
I was told by JCW's that if you buy a car from a MINI dealer and then get it converted it can retain the TLC package. If you buy one direct from them you cannot have the TLC.
I can't see the difference - JCW have to 'buy' their cars through a dealer - mine was registered by a dealer local to JCW who then take the car (presumably at a discount) and do the work required. If I had bought the car from the said dealer myself and driven it straight to JCW I would get TLC ? but if JCW do the same I don't - To me this seems like BMW / JCW are just 'opting' out on providing cheap servicing - Now with the Club Sports it's probably not such a clear cut thing after all I wouldn't been keen to provide servicing for £100 on a race car BUT for anyone else out their like Flowki I think this is inconsistent and needs tackling.

Since JCW monitor the forums perhaps they could provide the reasoning behind this - Please

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
I should imagine that it is BMW who aren't willing to provide the TLC pack for John Cooper cars.

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
I still think this a little bit of a grey area.

I think with the case of the EVO magazine they must have known that is was their Mini (its registration has the letters 'EVO' in it which is a good give away) and did not want to kick up a stick. I would advice anyone considering getting a Works upgrade to contact their dealership first just to make sure that they are willing to honour the TLC package.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
But at the end of the day its a MINI with a works conversion :cool: They cant have 1 rule for 1 & 1 for another :mad: :mad: :mad: And how many cars have an EVO reg plate :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
37 Posts
The JCW conversion does currently invalidate TLC. This is the same for all JCW conversions fitted by JCW or a MINI dealer.

Monsta, please let me know who you spoke to at JCW so I can inform them of the TLC situation and please accept our apologies for the mis-information.

·
Blast from the past !
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
John Cooper Works said:
The JCW conversion does currently invalidate TLC. This is the same for all JCW conversions fitted by JCW or a MINI dealer.

Monsta, please let me know who you spoke to at JCW so I can inform them of the TLC situation and please accept our apologies for the mis-information.
Paul

Thanks for clarification - we shall just have to accept that there is some editorial licence at EVO magazine - I would be interested to know which dealer they are using though:)

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
John Cooper Works said:
I was told by someone who lent me the works, it wasn't a proper sales person I don't think. As he initially told me I'd need to speak to Richard de Jong however he said I could have a go in his when I mentioned I just wanted to see what it was like...

·
Registered
35 Posts
What Richard de Jong told me....

Richard was quite clear that I would not get TLC

a) buy direct from JCW - no TLC
b) buy MINI from dealer - get TLC

What I'm not clear about now (although I thought I was) is what happens if you buy one first and then drive it round the corner to get it converted after you've bought it...

i.e. does having the conversion invalidate TLC even if you bought it prior to having the conversion?

Flowki

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
John Cooper Works said:

Thank you for clarifying the matter.

..and smiffy, I would guess not many that have a works conversion:rolleyes:

·
Registered
110 Posts
For this ignorant USA Mini lover. What is TLC? And what is Evo magazine?

·
M2 Bapmaster
3,138 Posts
TLC is a package in the UK were for £100 you get servicing 5 years or 50000 miles whichever comes sooner.(Short for Tender Loving Care)

Evo magazine is a very good performance and sports car magazine. I think their address is www.evo.co.uk

·
M2 Bapmaster
3,138 Posts
Vouchers

Doesn't it say on the last page of the TLC booklet/voucher thingy that any modifications will invalidate TLC. So surely this would include the works conversion.

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Re: Vouchers

marksminimotor said:
Doesn't it say on the last page of the TLC booklet/voucher thingy that any modifications will invalidate TLC. So surely this would include the works conversion.
Yep it does.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ahhhh well....

Who gives a toss... I love my Works...

Flowki

1 - 20 of 20 Posts