MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a scecond hand 04 reg mini cooper, was thinking to get it service as i bought it from private, however, the mini garage said that the previous owner had a Spec 2 service pack done and there is a TLC pack which is until 2012, I am just wonder what is that TLC pack is??

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
TLC is a servicing pack - the original pack available from date of purchase on your car was for 5years/50k miles at a cost of £100. After this expires, you can then purchase what's called TLC XL at a cost of £350, this covers for a futher 3 years/30k miles.

Yours will therefore have the TLC XL pack ;)

Your MINI will tell you (on the speedo LCD display) when the next service is due when you first turn on the iginition. Basically though, if you have the TLC pack, your servicing is paid for.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
As per the previous 2 replies but you will need the physical TLC pack which is like a voucher system. If the previous owner didn't leave it in with the other paperwork ask them for it as it is valuable to you but not to them.

·
Registered
382 Posts
As per the previous 2 replies but you will need the physical TLC pack which is like a voucher system. If the previous owner didn't leave it in with the other paperwork ask them for it as it is valuable to you but not to them.
It's all done Electronically on Mini's system now, the "vouchers" no longer exist.

·
JCW 250
1,124 Posts
I extended mine to the TLC XL pack a few weeks ago and got a voucher book in the post from Mini.
I did it few months ago and I was told that there isnt a book for the TLC XL but to keep my receipt as proof!! I must admit that a book would be more comforting as Im not good at looking after receipts.... :)

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
Lucky guys who have access to TLC! Not available her ein Luxembourg, and the costs of servicing here are getting a little eye-watering :eek:

Ian

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I think the vouchers seem to depend on the garage because I never got them for my original TLC but the garage did all the work. I was also told the vouchers were redundant back then in 2004 but others on here were still getting them.

·
Registered
382 Posts
My TLC has just been used up - is the TLC XL worth the £380?
It depends on how long you are planning on keeping the car.

TLC XL Covers upto 80k or 8 years, covering all future brake fluid changes, inspection 2 and your oil changes.

I'll take the prices from Derek Woodman Mini, as they are one of the site sponsors. You will prob find your local dealer prices are more than these, as this is the special Mini2 discounted rate.

http://www.mini2.com/forum/derek-woodman-mini/145110-special-offer-service-packs.html

OIL SERVICE £96.00 inc vat
INSPECTION TWO SERVICE £230.00 INC VAT
BRAKE FLUID CHANGE £66.50 INC VAT

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have just purchaes a 2006 Mini Cooper from an Independant Dealer. There was a voucher book referring to the TLC pack with the documents provided but they are not stamped or anything. How can I find out if the car is covered by the scheme.? If it is not would I be able to purchase TLCXL on expiry of the manufactuters warranty?. I am intending to keep the car for some time.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have just purchaes a 2006 Mini Cooper from an Independant Dealer. There was a voucher book referring to the TLC pack with the documents provided but they are not stamped or anything. How can I find out if the car is covered by the scheme.? If it is not would I be able to purchase TLCXL on expiry of the manufactuters warranty?. I am intending to keep the car for some time.
If your car has TLC it will be covered until 5 years / 50k providing it hasn't missed any services.

The best thing to do would be to phone your local Mini dealership, they should be able to tell you what the status of your car is.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts