MINI Cooper Forum banner

TLC Package in OZ

3476 Views 41 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  n00b
Has anyone tried to get a TLC package in Australia? Its available in New Zealand and just about everywhere else in the world.

The price in New Zealand is $NZ500 for five years worth of BMW servicing. The New Zealanders also get 3 years of warranty standard.

I wonder if BMW Australia would come to the party and offer a TLC package if I ask nicely.

Regards,
Paul
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Triple Three

When I bought my Cooper, the dealer offered me Triple Three. Which is extending the warranty to a total of three years and scheduled servicing up to 60,000 kms.

I paid $1300 from memory.

Not sure that Triple Three is still available.

Chris
Given that I paid almost $500 for my first service alone I cannot see them coming to that particular party :(

Cetainly cannot hurt for a few people to ask though. It is possible that they might hear some squeaky wheels and grease them. :)
yeah, Triple Three was all we were ever offered (2 year factory warranty is kinda lame, but $1300 for 60k servicing and a third warranty year is good value IMO, depending on how much you drive).

After the first 12 months the warranty is all backed by the local distributor, not the factory, so it comes down to BMW Aus being tightwads :D
MiniFr34k said:
stupid question but whats TLC?

Tender Loving Care ;)
I've recently been looking around to getting my first service as it's time. I remember some of you mentioning that you purchased the extended warranty and had first servicing included for free. :cool:

I was checking out the MINI Australia website and they have a Warranty Plus offer, giving you an extra year for $660! I asked a sales rep if this included free first servicing, they were unsure but believed that it didn't. :mad:

Does anyone know for sure if first service is included or not?
there's 2 different options...

'Triple 3' included an extra year's warranty & free servicing for 3 scheduled services, or 60,000km... this was just over $1k for most punters

the extended warranty alone is what you're referring to... no included servicing

i gather 'Triple 3' is nno longer available, but i may be wrong
Guess what i got five year warranty with my mini

:D : just picked up cabriolette six weeks ago and got like everyone else only two year unlimited warranty. As this is second new mini cooper S and warranty on first mini is getting close to the two year expiry i enquired re additional warranty. You are able to buy one additional year for a cost of $650.

But lo and behold the service manager asked me did i purchase the additional warranty that BMW now offers well that was the first i had heard of it, so of course i said no i was never told about it. Apparently now for a sum of $1300 you can purchase an additional three years which then makes it five year unlimited kms and this includes all yours services for five years. Not bad basically get one year free compared to $650 a year for the older new minis and yes its called the TRIPLE THREE. The manager then told me that he could not sell it to me as it was only on point of sale. Well i was not happy and kicked up quite a fuss and the manager wrote to mini australia to request this.

And guess what i got it so go out there and fight for what is yours as they wont tell u as it is not in favour but five years with no worries well let me tell u it was definately worth the fight and i am loving every minute of cruising in my new baby but only one problem couldnt part with electric blue cooper s aka; supermini, so now officially a two mini family.

Cheers

ann

aussiesupermini
See less See more
:eek:

turds....!

why is BMW Australia so dodgy???!!!!!!

I hope others can get such a good deal!!

Very good Job Ann....worth investigating further!
Thanks Ann for that great info, I will definitely be looking into this... :search: ;)
Nice sig M1n1Gun!!
aussiesupermini said:
Apparently now for a sum of $1300 you can purchase an additional three years which then makes it five year unlimited kms and this includes all yours services for five years.
given the well-documented build issues on some MINIs, i certainly can't see them retrospectively offering this on '02 & '03 models! :( :(
gazah said:
given the well-documented build issues on some MINIs, i certainly can't see them retrospectively offering this on '02 & '03 models! :( :(
But maybe 04s with any luck ;) :cool: :p
Red&blackS said:
Nice sig M1n1Gun!!
Thanks R&bS, I was getting jealous looking at everybody's cool sig's all the time so I took the plunge - learnt how to do it and built one for myself! :D Glad you like it.
I'm suitably impressed :)
Just read also in december/january that bmw are offerring 8 year warrantys on the minis in the uk for a price of 450 pounds. i know we never get as good a deal but 5 years is good enough for me. I have found you nearly have to be consistent but nice with them.

Anybody else out their getting their car washed for free weekly by your dealer for the first year. Now have second mini, cool blue convertible and getting the same deal with this car.

Definately cant complain about the service department or parts they r fantastic but it was another story when it came to delivery and registration of the new convertible, well dont get me started.
aussiesupermini said:
Anybody else out their getting their car washed for free weekly by your dealer for the first year. Now have second mini, cool blue convertible and getting the same deal with this car.
I wouldnt let the dealer anywhere near washing my car :eek: The fad these days is for them to take a microfibre cloth to it which will take everything off including polish and paint protection.
8 year warranty?! After 2.5 years my car is already a bit of a grandpa's axe... 8 years will cost them a fortune!
IML337 said:
8 year warranty?! After 2.5 years my car is already a bit of a grandpa's axe... 8 years will cost them a fortune!
:D
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.