MINI Cooper Forum banner

TLC Price Increase

1K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Hat 
#1 ·
I have just got a letter today from my dealer telling me about the price increase on my MCS, on the Chilli pack, and Metallic paint. I of course already new about this thanks too MINI2 :)
I didn't realise though that the TLC service package is also going up to £150, I guess it is still cheap though. I do think that once the papaerwork for the car has been signed though that the price should be fixed to that signed for in the invoice !

Oh well plenty of time to save now for the difference, have to wait until April :(

matthew

#3 ·
matfrost said:
I have just got a letter today from my dealer telling me about the price increase on my MCS, on the Chilli pack, and Metallic paint. I of course already new about this thanks too MINI2 :)
I didn't realise though that the TLC service package is also going up to £150, I guess it is still cheap though. I do think that once the papaerwork for the car has been signed though that the price should be fixed to that signed for in the invoice !

Oh well plenty of time to save now for the difference, have to wait until April :(

matthew

Can you tell me when this price increase is effective from?

I have two weeks to go and cant be arsed with an argument with my dealer about this.

#4 ·
matfrost said:

matthew
When did you place your order?

#6 ·
Another increase?

Given that the £100 TLC package is probably one of the smartest incentive schemes ever offered by a car manufacturer, what do they hope to acheive by increasing the cost to a still uneconomic £150?

There have been so many sneaky little cost increases in the last 6 months since I bought mine (on the purchase price, as well as most of the often essential extras) that it is becoming ever more likely that I shall keep my 04 Cooper for ever!

I do hope that BMW don't get too greedy....

Tigger.

#7 ·
The price of the car is slowly creaping up, I was talking to a dealer a while back and even he didn't realise that as well as the base price of the car going up some of the options had gone up in price. My car as it is would cost nearly £1,000 more that what I paid for it. That's a big increase in 12 months.

#11 ·
WhiteNoiseMaker said:
I think they are trying to pull a fast one! I got my letter about the price increse at the start of the week and the TLC price was still £100
I have been in to the dealer today, and the price for TLC from Jan 05 is £150. Apparently some people have cancelled due to the price increase!

I just reckon on a car already costing 19.2k £50 more is not worth worrying about.

Matthew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.