1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Just been looking through my TLC book and Service booklet

Just noticed a couple of things

(1) Had TLC done a while back - within the required threshold, just noticed that the TLC booklet has not been stamped? What does this mean in terms of proof that I have been adhering to Warranty requirements? (or is it just indicative of poor administration)

(2) IN the Service booklet, I did not sign to say I had taken delivery of the car - as garage were in such a rush they basically handed me the keys and that was it..is it a bit late to reject the car? (it's 13 months old now)

(3) IN the service booklet, there is meant to be evidence of maintenance work. Would you have thought the replacement to the clutch should have gone in there?

Not sure what it all means, but glad for some feedback

Cheers

Stuart

·
R.I.P MINI2
17,651 Posts
(1) Had TLC done a while back - within the required threshold, just noticed that the TLC booklet has not been stamped? What does this mean in terms of proof that I have been adhering to Warranty requirements? (or is it just indicative of poor administration)
This means nothing, The stamps in the Service book are the important ones.

(2) IN the Service booklet, I did not sign to say I had taken delivery of the car - as garage were in such a rush they basically handed me the keys and that was it..is it a bit late to reject the car? (it's 13 months old now)
Basically, no, you cannot reject a car (at any age) because you weren't asked to sign a book to say your warranty and servicing requirements had been explained to you.

(3) IN the service booklet, there is meant to be evidence of maintenance work. Would you have thought the replacement to the clutch should have gone in there?
Is there a section for replacement parts fitted (I can't remember, sorry)? If there is, yes it should. If there isn't, no it shouldn't.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This means nothing, The stamps in the Service book are the important ones.

Basically, no, you cannot reject a car (at any age) because you weren't asked to sign a book to say your warranty and servicing requirements had been explained to you.

Is there a section for replacement parts fitted (I can't remember, sorry)? If there is, yes it should. If there isn't, no it shouldn't.
Thanks Scrogg

They didn't stamp the service book either :)

Cheers

Stu

·
R.I.P MINI2
17,651 Posts
They didn't stamp the service book either :)
That's different.

They will have a record of the date and mileage that the service was carried out, so get them to stamp it next time you're in. Ask for a copy of the invoice they send to MINI as further proof the work has been carried out.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's different.

They will have a record of the date and mileage that the service was carried out, so get them to stamp it next time you're in. Ask for a copy of the invoice they send to MINI as further proof the work has been carried out.
Thanks Scrogg :)

I was hoping to avoid going back in, but with the gearbox falling off, I guess one last time !!

I have Mini Emergency Services coming out in 10 minutes to make sure it's not road worthy

Cheers

Stu :)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just found your Gearbox thread :eek:
Just had the mechanic look at the car. (aka gearbox thread)

eclip has snapped. (it holds the gearbox arms together)

He didn't have the part on the van, so is coming back in the morning.

10p part, 5 mins to fix, job done (Hopefully)

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Just had the mechanic look at the car. (aka gearbox thread)

eclip has snapped. (it holds the gearbox arms together)

He didn't have the part on the van, so is coming back in the morning.

10p part, 5 mins to fix, job done (Hopefully)

We can hope, but BMW aren't cheap! Still, if you have a warranty!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts