MINI Cooper Forum banner

TLC & Service Book

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  M.O.S 
#1 ·
Hi

Just been looking through my TLC book and Service booklet

Just noticed a couple of things

(1) Had TLC done a while back - within the required threshold, just noticed that the TLC booklet has not been stamped? What does this mean in terms of proof that I have been adhering to Warranty requirements? (or is it just indicative of poor administration)

(2) IN the Service booklet, I did not sign to say I had taken delivery of the car - as garage were in such a rush they basically handed me the keys and that was it..is it a bit late to reject the car? (it's 13 months old now)

(3) IN the service booklet, there is meant to be evidence of maintenance work. Would you have thought the replacement to the clutch should have gone in there?

Not sure what it all means, but glad for some feedback

Cheers

Stuart

See less See more
#2 ·
(1) Had TLC done a while back - within the required threshold, just noticed that the TLC booklet has not been stamped? What does this mean in terms of proof that I have been adhering to Warranty requirements? (or is it just indicative of poor administration)
This means nothing, The stamps in the Service book are the important ones.

(2) IN the Service booklet, I did not sign to say I had taken delivery of the car - as garage were in such a rush they basically handed me the keys and that was it..is it a bit late to reject the car? (it's 13 months old now)
Basically, no, you cannot reject a car (at any age) because you weren't asked to sign a book to say your warranty and servicing requirements had been explained to you.

(3) IN the service booklet, there is meant to be evidence of maintenance work. Would you have thought the replacement to the clutch should have gone in there?
Is there a section for replacement parts fitted (I can't remember, sorry)? If there is, yes it should. If there isn't, no it shouldn't.

#3 ·
This means nothing, The stamps in the Service book are the important ones.

Basically, no, you cannot reject a car (at any age) because you weren't asked to sign a book to say your warranty and servicing requirements had been explained to you.

Is there a section for replacement parts fitted (I can't remember, sorry)? If there is, yes it should. If there isn't, no it shouldn't.
Thanks Scrogg

They didn't stamp the service book either :)

Cheers

Stu

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.