MINI Cooper Forum banner

Tmps sensor

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  milspectees 
#1 · (Edited)
I have just got me a 57 plate clubman cooper s Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Alloy wheel
. The problem is the valve on the rear tyre has corroded on.. can anyone suggest a cheap and simple solution for replacing this valve...

Simon

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#6 ·
I'm lost in translation buddy. If you are referring to wheel sensors then these control your abs and tyre pressure warning. These sensors can be bought from any decent motor factors and are fitted in to the hub. If any one of these go faulty the car will tell you. What gives you the impression your tpms is at fault and what is the "valve" your referring to?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

#8 ·
I'm just a 45yr old taffy... who got a mini clubman from Bristol. And can't get a dust cap of his rear passengers tyre valve. This valve just has a TPMS. All I wanna know whether a service kit is needed for the valve or a new full assy is needed. Since my last cryptic post. I managed to find a new valve in Canada and is being shipped. But I hear that there are rubber tyre valve's that do the same. So any info where to get uk based valves would be appreciated

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Sounds like your car's tyres have nitrogen instead of air inside and its this cap you are meaning, well that's how I'm interpreting it. Can you take a pic of the said valve and post it up?

These cars came with run flat tyres from the factory so it sounds like the previous owner has changed them over to normal tyres.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.