MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Chilli
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help me fellow MINI people! I have silver r90’s at the moment and they don’t need refurbing. I’m thinking of having them done in black (it will be matt black all they can do) with polished lip which will go with my red n black theme. Or do I have anthracite ones with polished lip? Or stay the same..

Here is a crappy splosh thing I did but it sort of gives me the idea. I cant make up my mind though!!

·
Totally Insane!
7,800 Posts
Hi Vikki, I do like your wheels as they are, but if I was going to get them refurbed, I would go for the Anthracite. Its dark but not too dark! Although if you do go black, I would definitely try and get gloss and not matt as gloss looks so much better!

I have just had my wheels refurbed and had this exact dilemma. I did want the polished lip, but due to the style of my wheels it wouldn't have worked and so thats when I settled on Anthracite as the colour as having gloss black just felt a bit over the top.

·
You've just been totalled
6,860 Posts
Just keep them as they are if its Black. or nothing.

Anthracite as Vickie says would look amazing :nice: After about 5-6 years, they are still one of my faves!! :D:D

·
heavy foot = light wallet
453 Posts
Tough choice, i would have all matt black with no polished lip or anthracite with the polished as they do look very classy. If i was forced to choose i would more than likely plump for anthracite.

Whatever choice you make i am sure it will look good :D

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I think it looks ok but they look better standard, not sure how to post pics after 980 posts but here it is with black wheels

·
Chilli
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys for your comments i decided not to do them black, thinking if i should have them in athracite now or just leave them :)

·
Where does that road go?
12,574 Posts
thanks guys for your comments i decided not to do them black, thinking if i should have them in athracite now or just leave them :)
Please see below. The first is your MINI with black R90s with polished rim. The second is your MINI with anthacite R90s with polished rim. Click each thumbnail for the larger image.

I prefer the black. :)

·
Totally Insane!
7,800 Posts
Good job Kev! :D Should be able to help Vikki decide now! I am still swaying towards the Anthracite (although I am a little biased :eek:) But I must admit that the black looks good! Although of course as Jon has said you lose the OEM look.

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
but are they not availble now from mini (OEM) in black with polished lip :)
They are yes.... but not many know that ;)

It would be a bit like having a set of S-spokes chrome dipped.... yes MINI sell chrome s-spokes but most will think they're aftermarket :) ;)

·
Lost in Mini2
948 Posts
They are yes.... but not many know that ;)

It would be a bit like having a set of S-spokes chrome dipped.... yes MINI sell chrome s-spokes but most will think they're aftermarket :) ;)
True i see what you mean. ;)

·
Chilli
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Please see below. The first is your MINI with black R90s with polished rim. The second is your MINI with anthacite R90s with polished rim. Click each thumbnail for the larger image.

I prefer the black. :)
oh my god your brilliant! WOW! that is so cool thank you for doing that i owe you a drink! well dunno what to say i think the black looks brilliant! i'm very tempted will show others around now at home what they think. Thanks so much :) will give it some thinking over as i do like it silver but itching for a change at the moment. Maybe ill do something different.

If you fancy doing another one could you please do the indi blue cooper on the thread below this saying photoshop help needed as his having his done on saturday in athracite wheels and mirror caps and want to make sure its ok before regretting it!:bad:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts