MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
MINI2 Irregular
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not long had I had my MC when I ordered my alloys. I knew the badlads I wanted, it was just a case of waiting for them through to be delivered. :D

I originally was set on painting them white to match the roof colour. From seeing many beautiful MCS's in the same colour with white S-Spokes made it a must. :D

But when I got the alloys I had to put them on the car without painting leaving them in the standard silver. And know I dont know whether to paint them white or not. :rolleyes:

What do you folks think?

Attachments

·
www.totalmini*****
15,256 Posts
I say paint them white....

White wheels with white roof and irrors looks the dogs bollox. You f&***ng knows it ;)

·
Hillbilly boy
1,214 Posts
BOYR4CER said:
Noooo, dont paint them! They look great as they are!
kgouin said:
I agree! I have white rims but those rims look real nice with the EB!!!
Ahh, but being white they would be a one off.......and thats a mini thing, being different

ButtonIt said:
I say paint them white....

White wheels with white roof and Mirrors looks the dogs bollox. You f&***ng knows it ;)
Oh yes

Billy

·
www.totalmini*****
15,256 Posts
Look at my post count... not a lurker at all ;)

Just don't come here often on a sunday night ;) Weekdays is a different matter :D:D:D

·
Hillbilly boy
1,214 Posts
Oh now we are back on track Billy and Button would like to apologise...sorry PortRhombus

........Honest

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
White

However, when i was thinking of painting my JCW 18's white (ala RVW) I was told when having my new non run flat tyres (215/35 R18 Falken FK-451s) not to. The Manufacturers finish is always better than a re paint (unless your talking big bucks) and that white scratchs much easier. He said hed never scratched a wheel in 20 years of tyre fitting until he started doing the MINIs white wheels. With the 215/35 R18s being so hard to find he advised against it.

Attachments

·
450 BHP
88 Posts
Those are really nice wheels...who makes them??

white all the way...just make sure you wax them...it makes it much much easier to clean them...

·
MINI2 Irregular
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Damo said:
White

However, when i was thinking of painting my JCW 18's white (ala RVW) I was told when having my new non run flat tyres (215/35 R18 Falken FK-451s) not to. The Manufacturers finish is always better than a re paint (unless your talking big bucks) and that white scratchs much easier. He said hed never scratched a wheel in 20 years of tyre fitting until he started doing the MINIs white wheels. With the 215/35 R18s being so hard to find he advised against it.
Likeing the photoshop. cheers for all the responses, seems to be a mixed view. To paint would give a unique car which looks propa. There would be no other way if they where S-Spokes.

I think the only thing stopping me is that im scared to do it. :rolleyes:

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Serisously its well worth it, Duncanbannana has done it to superleggers (think thats what theyre called) and is well happy. He also has the Dare alloys on order and will be having them painted white to.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts