MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Sorry to hear that Paul.

Cats are generally sure footed enough to not scratch, I've had cats on my car many times but they've never left any marks. Did someone chase it?

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's this 'orrible cat that lives in our street. It looks like it's got claws sharper than a stanley blade, and it's damaged the "wing" getting up or down, and then when I came along this morning (not chasing it, but it saw me and got scared) it half fell, half jumped of the bonnet making more marks. Stupid animal.

:mad:

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
I've got two lovely scratches on my car -- one on a front wing and one on the roof of all places that look remarkably like cat claw marks, and on a black car that isn't great just deep enough not to be able to get out easily...... :mad:

We've got a few cats by us and they're all loopy so it could be any one of the damn critters...

·
Official Pimp of Mini2
4,001 Posts
Paul Mullett said:
It's this 'orrible cat that lives in our street. It looks like it's got claws sharper than a stanley blade, and it's damaged the "wing" getting up or down, and then when I came along this morning (not chasing it, but it saw me and got scared) it half fell, half jumped of the bonnet making more marks. Stupid animal.

:mad:
Pellet gun and a good shot :D

·
Gutter Princess
3,464 Posts
Why do cats love our Minis so..?? All my Minis have had slumbering felines creating muddy paw prints in winter, and scratches in summer.. :( Sorry to hear that Paul.. put a towel on the bonnet and hook it under the wipers... :)

·
Grumpometer: OFF SCALE
6,836 Posts
i've got a couple of nice scratches too on my lovely black roof, our road is infested with the blighters but luckily the river is quite close, anyone do me a good deal on sacks

·
off out....
19,946 Posts
Intrepidmini said:
Why do cats love our Minis so..?? All my Minis have had slumbering felines creating muddy paw prints in winter, and scratches in summer.. :( Sorry to hear that Paul.. put a towel on the bonnet and hook it under the wipers... :)

Dunno why they love them so much, but the cats in our street always sit next to our mini (as if guarding it) and then they lick it?????? :confused:

·
UberGeek
850 Posts
With all I'm hearing about kids, wives, cars and/or accessories being stolen.... I'm putting my MINI in the garage.

Only problem is, I gotta sort out all the crud in the garage :(

-Lee

·
Tinkering In The Garage
2,168 Posts
Car goes in the drive, kids can't get the caps, i have 3 cats and they know better than to sit on my MINI. Paul have you checked Alfie for your caps :p

Ady :cool:

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Paul Mullett said:
The two simple reasons.

Dust caps stolen. (Kids)

Bonnet badly scratched. (Cat)

:(
I've suffered the same - scratches on my old S due to the neighbour’s cat and dust caps stolen by little brats. I've got rubber ones now so as not to attract the thieving gits.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
28 Participants
lespurgeon
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing