MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Firefly
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share with you FOM Sports weapon of choice for transporting my old seats to and from here there and everywhere... Our MCS Demo Car now has some Works Seats with red inserts and that gave me the excuse I needed as chief test pilot to go play with a clubman all day long since the old ones wouldn't fit so well in a normal MINI.

Me being the way I am I was worried I might get bored driving a cooper (I had the R56 S out yesterday) but the Clubman did exactly what I thought it would do and put possibly one of the biggest MINI induced grins on my face that I have had for quite some time!

Being in a Clubman was like when I was first in a MINI back when not many people had them. Because down our way they seem so much rarer I think it was a slightly exclusive feel to it, and I would also say that even though this one is only a little Cooper it had no troubles cruising along the M5 today at a sensible speed whilst still returning me some excellent MPG.

I have said it before and I will say it again... when the time comes to add another clubman to my fleet I shall do and its looking ever more likely that the new addition would be diesel because I loved the Dooper so much too when I had that.

These aren't the greatest pictures (Only had the I-phone with batter life today) but I think with the nice vipers I have really grown to like Sparkling silver, something which I saw previously as a weak color. Anyway the next one would be pepper white, and hopefully the MINI Grin all the wider!
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
:D Just to be clear the Clubman you drove today - was a Cooper Clubman, as opposed to the diesel you lust after? I only ask because here in the "states" where there seem (as in those who post on online forums) to be more "S" owners of the Clubman. I love my not an S Clubman - which is also an automatic - and think it's excellent.

P.S. I love the Sparkling Siiver!!

·
Firefly
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That one is indeed a cooper petrol one. I think given the chance though I would buy a diesel one.

Sparkling silver was never a color I really liked until yesterday!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts