MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Proud New Owner!
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has an extra unused copy of their toggle switch relabeling kit, and is willing to part with it, PM me!!

Or, does anyone know if MINI is still sending these things out?

Thanks in advance!

·
MINI2 Voyeur
240 Posts
I dont think MINI has any of these in stock... I think I have a snapshot that someone took. Can always make a poorman's sticker...

weezgrrl said:
If anyone has an extra unused copy of their toggle switch relabeling kit, and is willing to part with it, PM me!!

Or, does anyone know if MINI is still sending these things out?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. It would be great if they made more or something cause the stickers are pretty sweet. I was going to ask my dealer if they had any when I picked up the car, hopefully they'll have some idea of where I can get one.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Ive only seen one on E-Bay once, more than a year ago, seem to remember it almost bringing in $20. Good luck, I think this is one of the more rare early promo items.

I used some "rub off" lettering form the art store to label my added toggle (see gallery)

·
MINI2 Voyeur
240 Posts
In the past I've given MINIUSA an email asking if they have a particular ad, they didn't but sent me a bunch of other ads that they had. I got a bunch of the Evel Kinivel Iron-ons, the kill stickers (the ones with the black cars/suvs), and some other stuff.

·
Proud New Owner!
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found one!

A fellow MINI2 member (who shall remain anonymous, unless he wants to be named!), has stepped forward and proffered me his copy of the kit. Bless his heart! However, I did manage to also find a copy for sale currently on eBay, however the bidding is already up to $10.50, I believe. A little over two days left open for bidding on it - here's the link if anyone's interested... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3872&item=7112608721&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

·
Registered
126 Posts
I was actually sent one of these recently by MiniUSA with the Unofficial Owners Manual. Not to get your hopes up or anything, but I want to keep it. It goes in an envelope along with my Cliff's Notes on the Cooper and my Encyclopedia of Open Motoring.

The little advertising and promo stuff they do is way too cool for me to want to get rid of.

·
Proud New Owner!
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So you received this Unofficial Owner's Manual + Relabeling kit after receipt of your MINI? I guess there's hope yet for some! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
126 Posts
weezgrrl said:
So you received this Unofficial Owner's Manual + Relabeling kit after receipt of your MINI? I guess there's hope yet for some! Thanks for sharing.
A wee bit before, but right around the time. So maybe they printed a bunch more up and will be sending them out to new owners. Just hope for a grey(gray) envelope to show up in the mail then you can relabel anything and everything.

If you want to cheat a bit I could do a really high-resolution scan of the labels which you could print out onto your own label sheets and stick to things.

·
Registered
188 Posts
i was bored last night, so I decided to email MINIUSA, they said I should be able to get it from my dealer, but if they don't have any I could just email my mailing address and they'll send me one. Not sure if it's the truth, but might as well try.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Many dealers hand their copies out of the Unofficial Owners Manual to people, when they get the same amount as owners manuals... when I had learned this, I called MINI USA, asked for the Unofficial Owners Manual, and they sent me two of them... I already gave away one of the copies, but my suggestion is to just call them... the only thing is it does take a while to get! :D (and btw, I got mine about a month and a half, two months ago, so they arn't an "early item", or rare, if you can just call up and order one for free)- one more thing, have your VIN number handy when calling.

·
Shiredweller's Wife
2,732 Posts
IBMiniG said:
Ive only seen one on E-Bay once, more than a year ago, seem to remember it almost bringing in $20. Good luck, I think this is one of the more rare early promo items.

I used some "rub off" lettering form the art store to label my added toggle (see gallery)
Cool, very well done. :cool:

·
fun fun fun!
206 Posts
nulltty said:
In the past I've given MINIUSA an email asking if they have a particular ad, they didn't but sent me a bunch of other ads that they had. I got a bunch of the Evel Kinivel Iron-ons, the kill stickers (the ones with the black cars/suvs), and some other stuff.
I bolded the ones i found in magazigns... lol.. they actually sent them to you? i think i shoudl do that

1 - 16 of 16 Posts