MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Infact, I've sorted that problem. But I'm still trying to work out how to hard wire it. Do you know if it's possible to do?

Cheers

Tim

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate.

Is that possible as I notice that the cars Voltage is 9v and the TomTom requires 9v?

Tim

·
Hyper Blue Mini S Cab
48 Posts
Thanks......... so easy to install??? I will take it that you can screw any kind of cradle onto the mount????

I think that this is the neatest mount I have ever seen!!!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I checked the Tom Tom Go lighter socket and on it it says, Input 12V, Output 9v. Surely this means it steps it down in some way?

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
Oouch what were they thinking, they should have put that hardware inside, at the cost of oh, a few cents. Well you an do what I did with my last car, that is buy an addition accessory socket, wire that into a fuse, then mount it hidden behind the dashboard, so you can still use the original plug adaptor. Here's a pic http://www.jwardell.com/focus/images/raddet5lg.jpg

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good thinking, I'll pop down to halfords and sort that, cheers! What size fuse did you use?

·
MINIBrit
2,198 Posts
jwardell said:
I used a fuse tapper that plugs into the fuse slot, uses the original fuse for its original purpose, then adds a 5A fuse the accessory wire.
I have never seen those, Josh. Are they standard items somewhere, or do you actually modify a regular fuse yourself? I believe I have seen reference in the amateur radio press about doing so for use in a rental car. I have never seen the fuse-with-a-tap in the shops anywhere.

·
Riding on JCW power!
367 Posts
xnetco said:
Hi,

Infact, I've sorted that problem. But I'm still trying to work out how to hard wire it. Do you know if it's possible to do?

Cheers

Tim

does the tom tom go fits in the place under the toggle switches with the standard bracket?

cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
5 Participants
Davislove3rd
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing