MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MINI2 Regular
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just got the Tom Tom Go today and I'm really impressed with it. I've been out today trying my best to get lost..But never did!!! This is a first for me :)

anyway, the reason for this post is to ask if anybody knows how to get the safety camera POI software on to the Tom Tom Go. I've read the read me.txt that came with the download but it says I have to disable the existing POI files???? Also, when I connected the Go to the computer it read as having no space available..Does this mean I can't upgrade on the same card?

I'm not great with gadgets so any feedback on this would be appreciated, TIA

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
You can free up a lot of space on the SD card by removing the language files that you don't use.

You don't have to disable anything to get the POI files onto Tomtom Go, just put the relevant .OV2 and .BMP files into the map directory on the SD card.

This site has a lot of useful information about the Tomtom Go (and Sat Nav in gneral) and a dedicated Tomtom Go forum

www.pocketgps.co.uk

·
MINI2 Regular
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The sd card is 128mb, Scooper_man. I've now managed to install the POI's needed but I'm debating on upgrading the sd card anyway :)

TonyM - thanks, I managed to get an "idiots guide" on that site. Easy to do when you know how :)

Now..another question: Any ideas on why Tom Tom Go won't release the USA map in the UK? I did email them and they said that they won't release it at present. Why ever not??? :confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
TOM TOM considering

Does anyone know how many self-made POI's you can install on a TOM TOM GO 910?
I can't see anyinfo on it?:aargh:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts