MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday I will be picking up my new MINI Cooper.

CR|W
chrome exterior
sport seats
PDC
DSC
OBC
Cold weather
Black leatherette
silver interior
Xenons
Dimming mirror and rain sensing
MFS wheel

This is the first time I have ever ordered a vehicle and I couldn't believe how agonizing the wait was. I thought tracking it would help, but I think it made me obsess even more about it.

I still have a vehicle to sell so I will be splitting my driving time between the VW Jetta and the MINI until I can find a home for the jetta :eek: :(

Oh well, she will be getting all of my attention soon enough. Can't wait until tomorrow. :D :cool: :D :p

·
Obsessive Not Compulsive
413 Posts
Enjoy your new ride.
Gotta love Chili Red/White - it's a classic!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
finally home

Well,

We made the trip back from Boston in one piece. 130 miles later and still smilin :D

Went through the migrating bird route on the way home. Tell you what, they love to target that white roof!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will be washing it in the morning.

Have only a transit plate, and did not get the Certificate of origin (coming fed-x monday). Sooo I am back to just looking at it and washing it if it gets warm enough.

Taking tuesday off for registration/DMV/ and inspection sticker. Then the fun will begin in earnest.

Had a volvo drive up next to me on the highway and a 12 yr old boy put up a sign written on a piece of paper that said "nice car!!!". He was actually smiling more than I was if it is possible.

Any way, love the car. Going to go chill out. It was a long day. :D :cool:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cruisin!

after waiting 3 days for all the paper work to get settled out, we finally got registered and took off on our first cruise.

Here is an excerpt from my thank-you note to my sales rep. It gives you an idea of my day.

Got my certificate of origin and got registered. Took a cruise today. Couldn't get anyone in Portland to give me the time of day to get a short notice inspection sticker so we took off without it.

Stopped into a chevy dealership in a little town named Waldoboro on the east coast route of maine heading toward Camden.

These guys had never seen a MINI and when I walked up to the counter to ask for a sticker, I instantly had every "literally" every mechanic in the place pawing over my MINI. They wanted to know everything about it. What each button did, check under the hood etc etc etc. It took almost 20 minutes of interogation to get my sticker. I have to say though, it was the most attention, and the most fun vehicle inspection I have ever had. Bet there are a few future MINI owners there too!!!
The head mechanic thanked me for bringing it in. I think I made his day.

Averaging 35 mpg more or less with a mix of Boston/Highway/In-town Portland/ and hilly terrain.

330 miles on the clock and my obc says 100 more miles til fill-up. Great mileage IMHO.

Thats all for now. Happy Motoring!! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts