MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay everyone. Don't give me attitude. I am into my third 3 series BMW. I am looking for a change and this could be it.
The Mini makes you smile, it's cool, it's popular and I'm told the ride is a hoot.
But can you drive this car everyday of the year in and around the Toronto area?
I know the golf clubs will need to be stored with a seat down. And while 3 may inhabit this beauty for a not too long a journey, 4 seems impossible.
Can you kick back and cruise for awhile, or will she be work.
Don't get me wrong. Driving a 328Ci stick encourages you to work it and deeply enjoy doing so. Will the Cooper S be similar? Or is it too small?????????

·
MINI2 Sponsor & Moderator
181 Posts
I'm in the same position..I've had several 5 series (including an 88 M5) and currently drive an e30 325iC, which is probably good preperation for a MINI. I do still worry about room though.

From what I have heard, the front room is somewhat astounding for a car of it's size. The handling will absolutely blow you away and the S shoud be as quicker or quicker than a 328 (plus you can eventually get the works kit that pushes it to 210 HP!!!).

I've been waffling back and forth between a new 325i, the Mercedes C230K Coupe and the MINI. So far, I'm still waiting for the MINI. Especially since I have yet to get my hands on one to drive (less than 30 days to launch). I'll probably make a final decision then. As far as the car goes though...I think it's brilliant!

-M

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I found the front legroom to be adequate (I am 6'1'. However, I did have to push the seat to an extent that it will be hard to squeeze a passenger behind. So 3 people in the car will be the seating maximum in my MINI

I have yet to test drive one, but from all the reviews and feedbacks I got, it's going to be a hoot to drive and I don't think you will have a problem driving as a daily car around the city. With it's smaller dimensions, lighter weight, and more precise go-kart like handling, I would imagine it to be more fun than the 3-series :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Me too. My lease on a 2000 323i is up. I sat in a Euro Cooper at the dealership and was a little let down.
I have small kids and are wondering if I really want them in the back seat. I am going to wait and see the Real McCoy.. The Cooper S... in person, and drive it. Then either I'll take it or maybe sell my position in line and put the $$ down towards a new 330i.

·
Registered
663 Posts
:) Fear not,I saw/sat for the first time at the Chi. show,am tall and I wiil have more leg/head room than our current cars(Volvo S90,Mitsu Galant etc)easily.:D
Once in the seating postion(lots of range)the car doesn't seem that small forward and width-wise.You guys/girls know the rest!

·
Registered
218 Posts
While I haven't spent much time in a Mini, I did jump in a few at the LA auto show...

I'm 6'6" so I was more than a little worried about leg, head, and elbow room.

I can tell you, there was more than enough space up front. I felt more than comfortable the five minutes I spent 'pretending to rally'. :)

However, there wasn't even the slightest bit of room behind me, when I had the seat back at a comfortable distance.

This seems like a fun car, for a one or two person outting... but certainly not intended to suit 4 grown men on any length of road-trip. Like so many other sports cars, the back seat is for the golf clubs/hiking gear.

-sixfoot6

1 - 7 of 7 Posts