MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Been lurking here for a while now as the wife's been hankering after a Mini for years. I decided I would have a quieter life if I just gave in and let her have one ;) After several unsuccessful trips to various dealers (why is it most Mini dealers seem to think negotiate is a dirty word?) yesterday we finally did a deal on a Cooper S clubbie. I was very surprised how well it drove. Coming from fast motorcycles cars don't usually do it for me, but I have to say this Mini feels really quick and the "roundabout experience" has to be the most fun I've had in years.

The car is a dealer demonstrator and has several expensive extras on it that I would probably not specify if ordering new. It is dark silver, silver roof and pillars with the chilli pack. Anybody know what the "luggage compartment pack" is? The car has this option and even though it is selectable on the online configurator I can't find any description in the brochure or on the web site.

Picking the car up on Friday. Can't wait.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Morini,
Likewise I'm from fast bikes and I find our SClub just as entertaining round the bends. Wait till you discover the sport button! We picked up exactly the same spec Clubman as you, dark grey s silver bits etc and managed to get a bit off. The storage compartment pack is a few hooks to tie things down, a little net to trap small items, a plug socket and a little foldable box thing to store stuff in.
We've done 2000 miles now and we're still fighting as to who's going to drive!
Have fun
BenC

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Morini,
The storage compartment pack is a few hooks to tie things down, a little net to trap small items, a plug socket and a little foldable box thing to store stuff in.
BenC
Hi Ben,

Sounds like we have similar cars. I was aware from the mini website about the bits in the storage compartment pack (which, if I understand correctly, comes with the chili pack). Apparently ours has a "luggage compartment pack" as well which is listed as a £120 tickable option on the online configurator. Didn't see anything obvious unless its something to do with the raised floor in the boot?

Glad to hear you are enjoying yours. Still not convinced it's a good idea letting my other half loose in one of these though :)

·
Clubman 'S' Power
343 Posts
Welcome to the clubman S club. Enjoy it. I have had mine for 4weeks now and enjoy every second i'm in it. I came from an R53 cooper S and I was amazed what the difference was, especially in a longer mini.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My husband bought me my first mini this past week. Well I guess today makes it one week! I still love it like it is my own child. I have always liked Minis, but I didn't think as a mother I could handle the 2 doors ( was looking into Lincolns and Cadillacs).......that is til I found my Clubman. It was really love at first site. Perfect for my daughter and I...even my younger cousins call it the magic car...or the clock car. I am the envy of my small town when I travel back home. It was at the higher in of the 30,000s I think 40 after financing, but it was worth every dollar. It is so fun to drive and is loaded with every option except the navigation system in the speedometer. ( which i wasnt crazy about anyway because it takes away from the one of a kind speedometer).....as a joke we went to the BMW dealership so I could sit in one and it was sitting there on showcase as tho I custom made it for myself WITHOUT THE WAIT!!! I sat down and I was just like yeah this is a ME kinda car....went home wanted it....the dealership was closed sunday & I literaly was sick until Monday when my husband called me from work and said do you still smell the leather? Sadly, I answered yes & he was just like well you will be able to smell it all the time...we are going to get it at 4. I freaked....thus ending my car hunt and making me a mini person for the rest of my life.

Sorry if this is a ramble, but like I said it has only been a week and I actually hate when I am not driving somewhere.

Memphis, TN......owner of the coolest Mini in town! (as said by dealer) Mini Cooper Clubman S British Racing Green on black/ Tuscan Interior.....aww I think I need to drive somewhere right now!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Congratulations to you both! No waiting for either of you - what good fortune!:cool:

barbtay, yours is quite the story...what a fantastic present!:biggrin:

·
Mini2 Clubman Newbie
25 Posts
Hi,

I bought the same model has yours, Dark Silver with all the trimmings.
Really happy with the car, bought it for the Wife but I am always borrowing it.
Economical, and fast, it does not get any better.
The storage is so much better, the weekly shop normally spilled onto the passenger seat in the R54 MCS, but with the Clubby it all goes in the boot,

Cool car...........................

I must have sold many other cars, with the amount of people who come over to have a look, and are really impressed with the car. My parents generation cannot believe that you can have something so retro, and yet so modern with such detail and quality.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, we picked it up on Friday and very impressed so far :smile:

One thing I noticed during the test drive was loud wind noise that seems to be coming from the drivers door / window seal. I mentioned this to the dealer who said it had been fixed prior to us collecting the car. Although it is much less noticable I can still hear it at speeds over 80 mph and I think over time it will drive me mad. Also, iPod playback via the aux socket sucks (seems very quiet and muffled). I think a long read of the ICE subforum is in order. Don't really want to shell out hundreds for the official iPod adapter as it seems rather flawed, but I don't think there are many after market options?

Apart from that the car is fantastic. Took it for a long run on Saturday and got 42 mpg mixed motorway and A roads without taking it too easy. The kids are impressed too because prior to the Mini they were squeezing into the back of a Hyundai coupe! I'm also rather pleased with the ride quality which (though firm) is much better controled than the coupe (the Hyundai rode like a house brick).

Attempted to post some pictures below, hope they come out.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
It looks wonderful - congratulations!!

As for the wind noise, I'm afraid that both sides of mine seem rather noisy. Obviously, sound is relative...I'm pretty certain my wind noise is "normal"...though of course I didn't notice any in my two test drives. Perhaps you can take it for a drive with one of the service technicians?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts