MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ashamed to say I've never changed the plugs on our R52. :-( But I'm determined to put that right!

I have a torque wrench and a set of new spark plugs, but am unsure of what else I'd need. It seems like I need a socket for the plug itself, along with an extension so it can reach all the way down to the plug but again am unsure on the sizes required.

Also does it make sense to invest in a set of feelers to check the spark gap on my new plugs? (Denso Iridium IK20TT) And if so what gap should I be checking for?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

· Registered
13,595 Posts
Ashamed to say I've never changed the plugs on our R52. :-( But I'm determined to put that right!

I have a torque wrench and a set of new spark plugs, but am unsure of what else I'd need. It seems like I need a socket for the plug itself, along with an extension so it can reach all the way down to the plug but again am unsure on the sizes required.

Also does it make sense to invest in a set of feelers to check the spark gap on my new plugs? (Denso Iridium IK20TT) And if so what gap should I be checking for?

Thanks in advance,

Steve
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-94pc...e:g:9tYAAOSwEUdcTMNW:rk:3:pf:1&frcectupt=true
above link is a good value socket set a must have tools it has sockets for spark plugs and extension bar to reach in with,, look at it as a future investment a must have

Reactions: steveharman
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.