MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All UK Members,

Watch BBC 2 Top Gear at 8.30pm tonight...

See if the MINI wins any awards!

"Jason Barlow introduces the third annual Top Gear Awards, featuring twelve categories, including Car of the Year. Ronnie Corbett gamely presents the Best Small Car award, while Alvin Hall reveals the winner of the Best Value Car category, and hairdresser Nicki Clarke presents the award for Best Coupe. Plus a look at the year's best car adverts, and a special Top Gear Industry Achievement award."

Tomorrow, tell the forum what you thought of the program!

PS. I don't work for the BBC.

PPS. If you have read Top Gear magazine you will know who wins!:D

Cheers

Garry
:D

·
Registered
353 Posts
I thought the program was ok but it could have been extended - they didn't have enough time to tell you that much about any of the cars other than a really superficial skim of each one - to be fair they couldn't have done much better with the time constraints.

My tip, get the magazine, gives you much more stuff on the MINI.:p :p :p Lovely double page spread:D

·
Registered
51 Posts
I thought the programme was disappointing but then again what does one expect from Top Gear.

I agree with MrCooper that not enough time was devoted to the cars.

They skipped I think 9 of the categories.

Being a Type R owner I was especially disappointed that it wasn't featured. It won the best hot hatch category.

The magazine coverage was far more informative.

I did however think the MINI got pretty good coverage with the first 8 minutes devoted to its category and with it winning the advert.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I thought the show was good.

Strange contrast to the garbage that is Watchdog!! Slight contradiction BBC, Best car... Problem car... Problem car... Best car... ?:confused:

Anyway, watch Top Gear GTI, for a fuller coverage.:cool:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was good coverage for the MINI, and I also think that they crammed too many categories, too many cars into too little time.

One point I got from the show and the magazine is how the MINI is good 'value for money' compared to all the other cars being interviewed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Andy Cole

I particularly liked andy cole's eloquent review of the car! :)

·
BarWeetGarNarWeetNinnyBon
2,598 Posts
Re: Andy Cole

rascal said:
I particularly liked andy cole's eloquent review of the car! :)
"Andy Cole, Andy Cole Andy Andy Cole, he gets the ball and scores a goal Andy Andy Cole!"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts