MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mini Cooper will run out of warranty on 15/11/04. The top speed has meant to be 124 mph? I have never been able to get the car past 110 mph. Obviously the dealer will not test drive it above 70 mph. Is there any other check they can do to make sure it is developing the right amount of power? :( :red:

·
Registered
20 Posts
2004 Cooper Pure Silver

I've had mine up to 190KPH so far (not that I would recommend anyone try this on public roads). I did this on a closed course (an abandoned air strip).

190KPH = 118MPH and I was still accelerating

I'm guessing it would have topped out @ 195 - 200 KPH

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
mine cooper has showed 133mph on the speedo but apparently they're quite far out at those speeds. this was on an abandoned runway. it depends on your wheel size apparently. coolnew do a digital speedo box which is more accurate i've been told.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
If you have a long enough stretch of private and safe road it is possible to get the car up above 120mph. But on public roads this isn't on :eek:

Are you worried your cooper came with ONE engine mapping or something?
:)

·
: : : : : : : : :
130 Posts
Pacman said:
Abandoned runways! :D

INDEED PAC MAN! I Didnt know that UK motorways were nic named 'abandoned runways'. !! :D :D

I had my cooper sitting at 120 mph for about 85 miles between Glasgow and Aberdeen....eh...... I mean on a disused runway, And it still had a little left in it. The smaller your wheels, the lower top speed you will have, but better acceleration, and vice versa, although I wouldn't have thought this would make a significant difference.

geonot, are you a member of New Mini Scotland? If not, go n sign up NOW! www.newminiscotland.co.uk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts