MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got the invite (two tickets) in the mail !!!

Wednesday 20th March "Kool Haus" 132 Queens Quay E (@ Jarvis). 8:00pm with music by theNEWDEAL

got a RSVP code for the web-site (but I'm not telling ! )

Hope to see you other Torontonians there !

:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Well, if you've got your's, I guess that's it then...

It would have been nice to go.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Well you can only go if you take a camera with you!

Just Kidding. Us who were not invited just really hope you take a camera with you. I know if I got a ticket I would probably invite someone on the board who really really really wanted to go. hahahahah.

Hope you win the car too! Good Luck! Just remember you are going to have to inform us all about it after!

Jay

·
Registered
159 Posts
Got my invite to Vancouver Launch Party,March 14.Invitations delivered to front door by Puralator Courier!Be nice to win that 2 year lease,a Cooper to drive to work and another just for weekends.Can't wait until March 23 when I pick up my Launch Edition,I've been glued to this damn pc for the last year,(kids want the computer back,daughter asked me if I was going to give her bedroom to the Cooper!:D )I've got a digital camera if anyone in the centre of the universe(Canadian left coaster joke)wants a specific picture,and I figure out how to post them.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Crazy too

TINMAN, I too, am going crazy over the final few week(s) wait for my Launch Coooper. Tell me is your March 23rd date firm for pickup from your dealer? I'm not been given any more info than "end of March/early April".

If your date is firm I will bug them to ask how come the train from Halifax stops at Vancouver before Toronto ! (maybe you ARE the cente of the Universe ! )

Cheers...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pics from TO launch party

Jayomatic, I'll be going with a buddy (not you - sorry ! ) who has a digital camera, so will get some pics...watch this space...

·
Registered
159 Posts
nwoodiwoss,No that March 23rd date isn't firm.It's was a approx. date he gave me over a month ago(booked the following week off work when he gave me that date)I have actually heard nothing from him since,trying not to bug him too much so he loads me up with free goodies when I hand him the cheque!

·
Registered
159 Posts
nwoodiwiss I won a car at the Vancouver Launch party!Unfortunately it was 1/18 size.Was one of the lucky twelve that had their ticket drawn to try a key in the drivers side door,but no go.The eleven losers all got a scale model.Party was pretty good,they had three coopers and one S.Rep told me they were the same ones that were at the TO.auto show.Three free drink tickets,lots of appys,four big screens playing MINI commercials,mini races,and a 60's video of the mini production line.Some neat adverts in the mens can,but they were fastened to the wall pretty good.Music was way loud,pretty young crowd on average but all ages were there.Everybody got a goody bag on the way out,MINI brouchere,MINI COOPER MUSIC cd,and MINI magazine.Asked for the keychain off the key I tried on the door but they wouldn't giveit to me:( Oh well,if all goes well I'll get one in a week or so with the Launch Edition.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TINMAN...that WAS close ! Hard luck...keeping my fingers crossed this end. I'll let you know how the TO party went...

·
Registered
159 Posts
nwoodiwiss, FYI,dealer phoned today,said my launch edition was on a ship that docked in Halifax yesterday.Was too excited to ask how many were in the shipment.He said he would find out the rail car no. early next week and he can then track it as it heads west and I should be driving it home near the end of the month or early the first week of April:D Hopefully yours is on the same ship!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great news

TINMAN great news. I'm #2 at Mini Oakville for the launch cooper, so mine should be on that ship too. keep posting data on the train...I'd like to track it too...it sould hit TO a week before you, so it could be at my dealer for PDI by March 23rd-ish...

·
Registered
58 Posts
nwoodiwiss said:
just got the invite (two tickets) in the mail !!!

Wednesday 20th March "Kool Haus" 132 Queens Quay E (@ Jarvis). 8:00pm with music by theNEWDEAL

got a RSVP code for the web-site (but I'm not telling ! )

Hope to see you other Torontonians there !

Nick - I, too am in - I'll be at the Kool Haus... got mine delivered priority post. When I accepted on the 'net, it then told me that I would be informed by email if I won? I'm confused - do I show up or what? nearly had a heart attack when I saw tinman's post about winning! See you there!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Paul, look for two crazy guys with Brit accents carrying custom plates "MY CPR S" and "MI CPR S" which we will be trying to duct-tape to the show "S" and get our pictures taken ! - that will be me and my buddy Steve !

Cheers, Nick

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Paul ref:

Nick - I, too am in - I'll be at the Kool Haus... got mine delivered priority post. When I accepted on the 'net, it then told me that I would be informed by email if I won? I'm confused - do I show up or what? nearly had a heart attack when I saw tinman's post about winning! See you there!
I've never had an e-mail confirmation, I will call the contact number given at the end of the signing dialogue (1.888.464.3946) to make doubly sure they've got me down ok...you maybe should too...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nick (et al),
Will see you tomorrow night at the Launch Party - hope to bring home a car - we shall see. I'm bringing my wife (since she let me buy the car in the first place: I pick the car, she picks the colour...)

BTW - I spoke to Will at Budds today and he had good news and bad news - I am still number one and fellow Mini2er Nick is still number two on the list (for Budds Launch editions). The cars are in Halifax, and he was even able to give me my vin number. However, the expected arrival date is 4 weeks from today. I'm not pushy enough to find out what the delay could possibly be... So I guess we won't see minis on the local roads for another month.

Or maybe they are just underpromising so I will be happy when it arrives in two weeks? Or maybe they want to do a really good job of PDI...

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Velocity Toronto

I'm in too. Got my tickets today. See you there.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Velocity Tickets

For those of you that didn't win tickets to the Velocity Launch Party for the MINI, I offer to all you devoted MINI collectors, a picture of what the tickets look like.

Of course, I've removed the validation code... Wouldn't want any of you arriving as me. :)

I wish everyone here could go. But since you can't - glad I am.
:p

I mean this as a nice offering - not a taunt.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
$ weeks ???!!

Paul, you're killing me here...I was thinking two weeks max for the train from Halifax and TO PDI...I intend to grill Budds folks tomorrow on this (I know one guy from Budds will be there). I'll be there with my wife too & my eldest son (and buddy)...Nick. Here's hoping on the free Mini !!!

Cheers,

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Name tags

How about you guys at the TO lauch party stick a "hello I'm" tag on you lapel with your Mini2 "handle" on it...I want to be able to greet the other Canadian keeners...

I'll have a "NWOODIWISS" tag on...so introduce yourselves !

·
Registered
179 Posts
Damn you guys!! Its seems like I am the only person from Toronto on this board who wasn't invited!!! That really makes me sad. I wish they had invited people with deposits down instead so that people who are really interested in the car get to go. Maybe I'm just rambling on cuz I am soo jealous of you guys. I was taking a look at pictures of the Vancouver launch party and there are sooo many girls there and its just the spot for a single guy like me. haha.

Well I hope you guys have good fun. I really really hope one of you guys on this board wins the mini lease.

Don't forget to take some nice pictures for me. I have been driving by the dealership almost daily to see if they have any cars their yet.

Have fun everyone! You lucky buggers!!

Jay

1 - 20 of 28 Posts