MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadly, I have not had the chance to venture across the Atlantic ocean to see, not only England, but any part of Europe for that matter. I would absolutely love to visit the UK someday, just not sure when.

But the one thing that I'm interested in finding out, is whether or not you can schedule a visit at the Oxford facility and take a tour of the factory? With so much interest with this amazing automobile, one would think they'd have something like that.

And is it true that Oxford is about 1 hour outside of London? Does anyone know the exact address of the building?

Thanks!

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Sadly, I have not had the chance to venture across the Atlantic ocean to see, not only England, but any part of Europe for that matter. I would absolutely love to visit the UK someday, just not sure when.

But the one thing that I'm interested in finding out, is whether or not you can schedule a visit at the Oxford facility and take a tour of the factory? With so much interest with this amazing automobile, one would think they'd have something like that.

And is it true that Oxford is about 1 hour outside of London? Does anyone know the exact address of the building?

Thanks!
Hi Mr. Silverblood, I am arranging an Oxford MINI Plant Tour on 19th July at 1.45pm. If you're able to get over to the UK you are very welcome to join! There are 12 of us so far. The last Tour on 31st May was a surprising success, so I arranged another one... :)

PS: The address is : BMW Group, Dept. T0-K, Building 10.0, Ground Floor, Oxford OX4 1NL.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Plant Oxford is a large site and has many address.

For site visits the access is immediately west of Roman Way.

Google Maps
Hiya, thanks for that! You are right there must be several addresses. I just know the one I've written to and where the Tours start from. :wink:

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Its a bit more than an hour from London, all depends on how you plan to get there;)

But tours can be arranged most times of the year, but there are some times that you can't get one booked due to whats on the line etc, like prior to a new model being run down:)

If you contact MINI through the UK website they can put you in contact with the right people for when you decide to go:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just take the Oxford Tube from victoria coach station and you are pretty much there. May need a taxi from the park and ride to the plant.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Weird in Wiltshire,

Would it be possible for me to join your plant tour on the 19th of July, I am very interested in going on one of these tours.

Thanx

P.S. Sorry for hijacking this thread.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Weird in Wiltshire,

Would it be possible for me to join your plant tour on the 19th of July, I am very interested in going on one of these tours.

Thanx

P.S. Sorry for hijacking this thread.
Hello, yes I will put you down for one space. If you need more please let me know.

Could I have your name so I can update my list please?

The thread is on the Calendar under 19th July, so you can see it there with all the details and rules, etc. Any problems just ask! :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Mr. Silverblood, I am arranging an Oxford MINI Plant Tour on 19th July at 1.45pm. If you're able to get over to the UK you are very welcome to join! There are 12 of us so far. The last Tour on 31st May was a surprising success, so I arranged another one... :)

PS: The address is : BMW Group, Dept. T0-K, Building 10.0, Ground Floor, Oxford OX4 1NL.
Thanks very much for the invite! Unfortunately my girlfriend does not have a Passport, and we can't afford the airfare and hotel right at this moment. But it's good to know it's not THAT far from London, and if we're able to snag a train ride there, we'd be golden.

I did notice that someone was selling a metal tour type of badge on eBay that came from the Mini Plant. It looked awesome.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Thanks very much for the invite! Unfortunately my girlfriend does not have a Passport, and we can't afford the airfare and hotel right at this moment. But it's good to know it's not THAT far from London, and if we're able to snag a train ride there, we'd be golden.

I did notice that someone was selling a metal tour type of badge on eBay that came from the Mini Plant. It looked awesome.
I do appreciate the cost; but I do plan to keep on organising Tours, for as long as people want them!! So please e-mail me or watch the Threads as I will do one every couple of months or so. :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts