MINI Cooper Forum banner

Do you feel your mini is worth it if you have had the same issues as myself?

• Send it to the crusher!

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Plate it in platinum

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Sell it to the unsuspecting saying it is wonderful

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Mini Cooper S hatchback,Automatic,Mello Yellow
876 Posts
You can check your coolant temperature by accessing the menu on the steering wheel display.
Where's the coolant leak comin from the hard pipe. when you look at the car what area on the ground is the coolant does the coolant sit? Or when you put it in reverse where would the coolant on the ground be located coming from the car?

·
Premium Member
2008 Mini Cooper S hatchback,Automatic,Mello Yellow
876 Posts
I would have a entire parking lot of mini coopers if I could. Of course I only know what my mini Cooper was as a 1 owner car. I bought it brand new back in 2010. I guess I had a chance to see how the pieces fell apart being the only owner.
Some of it was a hour of wondering whether or not I would rebuild it. The idea of salvaging it was not going to get it any money. It would have to run, I determined. If I were to sell it. Over the last 2 years. There is more and more people with broken mini coopers reluctant to sell them even in that condition for anything less than 6500.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I'll take it!
I'm 50km from you!
Search the salvage yards it's dark green. I have intentionally destroyed: a very good interior (cut headliner, leather and mats/carpet, busted gauges and control stalks, etc.) fried the electronics, drained the oil and added battery acid (coolant already leaked out) and ran engine until it seized, ballpeen hammered some engine bits, cracked the windscreen and glass, damaged rims and pressure transducers, put holes in tire sidewalls, cut various engine bay and under dash wiring harnesses, dented and scratched all body panels, trim and grill, busted off mirrors, busted head and fog lamp assys and their plastic mounts, removed new calipers and rotors, drained brake fluid and replaced with acid then drilled holes in brake fluid, cooling and washer reservoirs, added acid to fuel tank and drilled holes also, and poured acid down into all dash top vents. I kept the battery for core replacement cost. I am not having a salvage yard make thousands of dollars from my poor decision to buy an overpriced crap car. You should have located me before it became a useless irritant taking up space. It is now lighter and a little more "compact" than before. Took less time to do all that "repair" work and zero dollars than it would have to actually repair just one defective issue. Frame, transaxle (I think) and suspension are just fine, except of course any inherent design/quality control issues already built in by BMW. It was quite fun to release some frustration and get paid $75; way cheaper and more gratifying than any therapy I can think of. It would be interesting to be there when they dismantle it and find out its condition, not to mention a couple surprises I will not reveal. Sorry if you needed the parts, but unlike another member here who loves their car that "broke down on the way home"; I have my priorities straight: help save people not cars.
I would not have gotten your comment, but I cannot delete my account and emails are still being sent. I do not need to be here if I no longer have a Mini Crapper: plus it is depressing to read all of the problems people are having with their "new, high quality, expensive pregnant skateboards". Good luck owners; you'll need it!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Search the salvage yards it's dark green. I have intentionally destroyed: a very good interior (cut headliner, leather and mats/carpet, busted gauges and control stalks, etc.) fried the electronics, drained the oil and added battery acid (coolant already leaked out) and ran engine until it seized, ballpeen hammered some engine bits, cracked the windscreen and glass, damaged rims and pressure transducers, put holes in tire sidewalls, cut various engine bay and under dash wiring harnesses, dented and scratched all body panels, trim and grill, busted off mirrors, busted head and fog lamp assys and their plastic mounts, removed new calipers and rotors, drained brake fluid and replaced with acid then drilled holes in brake fluid, cooling and washer reservoirs, added acid to fuel tank and drilled holes also, and poured acid down into all dash top vents. I kept the battery for core replacement cost. I am not having a salvage yard make thousands of dollars from my poor decision to buy an overpriced crap car. You should have located me before it became a useless irritant taking up space. It is now lighter and a little more "compact" than before. Took less time to do all that "repair" work and zero dollars than it would have to actually repair just one defective issue. Frame, transaxle (I think) and suspension are just fine, except of course any inherent design/quality control issues already built in by BMW. It was quite fun to release some frustration and get paid $75; way cheaper and more gratifying than any therapy I can think of. It would be interesting to be there when they dismantle it and find out its condition, not to mention a couple surprises I will not reveal. Sorry if you needed the parts, but unlike another member here who loves their car that "broke down on the way home"; I have my priorities straight: help save people not cars.
I would not have gotten your comment, but I cannot delete my account and emails are still being sent. I do not need to be here if I no longer have a Mini Crapper: plus it is depressing to read all of the problems people are having with their "new, high quality, expensive pregnant skateboards". Good luck owners; you'll need it!!!
you are a complete cockwomble

1 - 12 of 12 Posts