MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
still short!!
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been an avid user of Toyo Proxes for a good few years now and have never dared use a different tyre! Until I had my recent "I'm gonna have to get 4 new tyres" escapade!

So, off to mytyres I go and look up what is actually available in my tyre size (not much I can tell you!) but lo and behold, the new Yoko is there! Did a wee bit of research to see what other people thought of the tyre (couldn't find much about it them here) but most people seemed to think it was a rather tasty piece of rubber.

My opinion so far - Proxes ain't going back on I can tell you! These tyres are fantastic, especially on wet, greasy roads, they love it! I used to have wheel spin problems at roundabouts in the wet, not anymore! Overtaking on muddy roads isn't so excitable! I've not pushed them too far yet in the dry cause I haven't had the opportunity, but so far, I absolutely love them. Even Rob agreed on the drive back from Blackpool they were very smooth, there's just something nice about driving when they're fitted, it's like having comfy shoes on!

The only downfall - concrete roads, very, very noisy! I had read that road noise could be a problem and that was from folks in the States, who have quite alot of concrete roads, but we don't have many so it shouldn't be a problem!!

So if anyone has actually read all this... go buy some!![;)][:D]

·
GTT........See Yah
413 Posts
Hi Julz

Welcome to the club I have had my Parada 225/35 fitted for over two months now and agree with all your comments, in the dry they stick like :bad::bad::bad::bad: to a blanket, and now that it has got wetter even with my JCW fitted they still give great grip.

I also would recommend them to anyone.

Attachments

·
Maxin' and Relaxin'
423 Posts
i'm gonna order sum jcw wheels this week once i've decided what rubber to put on them. cant make my mind up whether to buy the yoko's or save £120 and get some falkens instead?

still cant make my mind up whether to get 215/35 or 215/40 either.

think i'll be spending the extra £'s if these tyres are as good as you guys say the are.

·
still short!!
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Definately worth the extra cash! You've got to remember your tyres are your only contact with the road!! ;)

My latest grumble with them is that they don't have kerb protectors on them, not that I kerb my wheels, they just look better with them when you have such a low profile!! My tyres look even flatter now!! :rolleyes: :p

·
Maxin' and Relaxin'
423 Posts
gonna speak to my dealer 2moro and if he's still ok about fitting no-runflats then i'll get them ordered. gonna go for 215/40/18's tho as there a bit cheaper. £421 delivered from www.topgear.co.uk who have them in stock so i'll have them by the end of the week!! :D

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
As well as being good tyres no one seems to have mentioned the wicked tread design
on the Parada's :cool: .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts