MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Blast from the past !
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to the interest shown in the dubious street racer thread I think it would be a great idea to organise a track day just for MINI's and mini2 members -

I'm prepared to do the hard work of organising it so let the thread know if you are a yes and your preferred venue -

If there's enough interest we'll move forward

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
I'm not really up for racing my MINI on the track, wouldn't mind a few laps though (can't afford the tyres for anymore!)

Goodwood would be nice for me...

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Why don't we (MINI2.COM) organize a National Day somewhere?
Donnigton Park?
What about making MINI2.COM a registered club like the Cooper Register? Or Paul is this already sorted, sorry for my ignorance on this point only logged on recently:D

·
Registered
272 Posts
ye that would be great! always wanted to experience life on a track, i'd be definately up for it- its gotta be somewhere near the south :) (Bedfordshire please) hehehe but then reading monsta's post- yeh i can't afford the tyres :( oh well i'll just go there to watch :p

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've got an idea

To save on the time and expense of sorting out a track, how aboutwe all meet outside McDonalds in Harlow at about midnight on Saturday? There'll be lots of nice Novas and Astras there too... ;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
You won’t destroy your tyres if you are sensible, alternatively, if you go to one and like it so much as to do it on a regular basis, then get another set of wheels and tyres purely for track days (doesn’t matter if they’re scuffed/scrubbed). It’s your brakes that can take a hammering, so would be a good idea to get some new pads/shoes if yours are low.
How about the Bedford Autodrome, Jonathen Palmer's track?

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
How about Melbourne Australia?

Weather's beautiful, and plenty of great tracks.

I just went round Albert Lake track/road (where the F1 GP is in March), and I can't wait to fang my 'S' around there.

Hope no Oz Cops listening in.

·
Enjoying Married Life!
501 Posts
Count me in for a track day!!!:D :D

Might wait until my tyres are getting close to replacement, then I won't mind pushing it hard (could put the old steelies back on but that just wouldn't look good now would it).

I personnally think that it should be restricted to MINIs only. We need to show the world that the new MINI has a strong following and can organise events and clubs all by itself without the support of non MINIs. oh, i know what i mean.

nc:confused:

·
Enjoying Married Life!
501 Posts
oh, and it would be handy if it was somewhere close to where I live, so Melbourne (Australia) wouldn't really be convenient for me. Melbourn - Cambridgeshire would be good.

nc

·
Registered
612 Posts
Bedfordshire isn't a bad idea for a location, pretty easy to get to and reasonably far up, except for zoooooom, crashandburn, lightbody et al. Definitely sounds like a top day out though. A Sunday would be good.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Count me in!!

As I have mothballed my "real" racer to buy the MINI, I would love to get back on a track.

Thanks for offering to organise Racer - you are a real star.

I guess Weekends will be tricky as they are usually booked well ahead and can be pricey. Still my prefence though, due to limited holidays.

I can't wait already:D

·
Blast from the past !
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rushing around today like a blue $%^£"£ fly - will get onto later in day

1 - 16 of 16 Posts