MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Open track day at Brands Hatch. All day on Indy Circuit.
Brands Hatch Indy Friday 15/12/17 | OpenTrack Events Ltd

To go and watch is free. You don't need to be tracking.
There will be a number of fast MINIs there, sorted for tracking.
There will be all sorts of other marques tracking - popular are MX5, Clios, Caterham 7, Porsches, Beemers, Corsas (yup, really), Ford STs.
The pits and pit car park are open so you can drive in as a spectator, park in amongst all the trackers.
If you ask nicely, the MINI folk will give you rides as a passenger.
It costs £10 for a passenger ticket.
You need a helmet. If you don't have one you can rent one for £10.
If you have never been on a track in a car being driven properly hard, try it, it is a whole new experience.
Offs are very rare so don't worry about 'crashing'. Won't happen.
The pit cafe does an awsome fish finger bun!!

Incidentally, on this forum I expect the response to this thread to be ........ a deafening silence:crying:

·
Sour Mash
1,318 Posts
Incidentally, on this forum I expect the response to this thread to be ........ a deafening silence:crying:
No way !!

I want to get into racing this sounds like a great taster thing!!! Been thinking about heading to brands hatch for one of their "novice track days" before I go would absolutely love to do a passenger lap or 2 to see what these cars are capable of and learn the track a bit

Definitely going to try and make this

How does the passenger thing work do you just find a car and pay the driver £10 for a ride like a taxi?

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've answered your PM. I have got rides at Brands by going when there is a group of folk on the MiniTorque forum going. Sometimes I've posted in the relevant thread "Will be there, can anyone give me a ride".
They congregate together in 'their' pit garage - so you see their 4-10 fierce looking Minis together. Introduce yourself, have a chat, ask if anyone can give you a ride. Go to pit No. 1, pay the guy your £10, get a wrist band, grab your helmet and jump in, off you go, hang on tight.
Here is the link to the sub forum relating to track days and meets.
UK Events & Meets Centre
Have a poke around - you don't have to be a member to view it all.

·
Sour Mash
1,318 Posts
Just got back, was a good experience, you were right a lot more relaxed than I thought it would be just like a few car enthusiasts meeting up

Quite a few Minis there and some very nice Lotuses too.:eeksurprise:Love how some people stick their business on their car I mean obv just doing it to write their whole hobby off as advertising expenses haha fantastic

Hopefully next time I go will be on the track although not sure my car could cope!!!

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got back, was a good experience, you were right a lot more relaxed than I thought it would be just like a few car enthusiasts meeting up

Quite a few Minis there and some very nice Lotuses too.:eeksurprise:Love how some people stick their business on their car I mean obv just doing it to write their whole hobby off as advertising expenses haha fantastic

Hopefully next time I go will be on the track although not sure my car could cope!!!
Glad you enjoyed it Jack. Yeah it is all pretty relaxed. good for you going along. I was there for a couple of hours watching. Parked against the fence in the pit area, BRG 05 reg S. I didn't know you'd be there, shame as it would have been nice to say hello. Most of the Minitorque lot didn't show. Don't blame them it was pretty cold. The track was very greasy, difficult, quite a few offs.

Chatted to a guy with a BRG Lotus Elise, 2 litre Honda VTEC supercharged. Hmmmm. 330 bhp at the wheels. Yikes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts