MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont want to ruin the tyres i get with me new jcw when i take it to the track. anyone know what are the best tyres to put on. they need to be road legal.

·
Giggity-goo!
2,670 Posts
Why do they need to be road legal if you are using them for track use?

·
Registered
398 Posts
I highly recommend the Dunlop DZ03Gs.

I run the Falkin Azenis RT615s as street tyres and the Dunlops for the Track. The Falkins are an R-compound too(i.e. Semi-slick), and I have run them on the track a few times before. The Falkins hold up well for track use, but don't have anywhere near the grip of the Dunlops.

I guess it depends if you are concerned about how long they last. Whenever you get more grip, the natural downside is that you won't get as much life out of them.

...but if you want excellent grip, you can't do past the DZO3G Dunlops :cool: Last year I had the Dunlop DZ01Gs which I thought were fantastic, the new DZ03G is even better!

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Yokohama A539's, about £90 a corner, bags of grip, cool tread pattern, favoured by many hot hatch track day owners, and a proper road tyre rather than a semi slick.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why do they need to be road legal if you are using them for track use?
:puzzled:
Because I will be driving it to the track :

Yokohama A539's, about £90 a corner, bags of grip, cool tread pattern, favoured by many hot hatch track day owners, and a proper road tyre rather than a semi slick.
Yoko's Sounds good to me. Thanks.

I highly recommend the Dunlop DZ03Gs.

I run the Falkin Azenis RT615s as street tyres and the Dunlops for the Track. .

new DZ03G is even better!
I would love the Dunlops but they are expensive, about £180 each, I will price the Falkin's

·
XR3i / JCW MCS
543 Posts
tried a539's in the past and didn't like them as much as toyo proxes on track. Just fitted a set to the mini and so far very impressed

·
Registered
847 Posts
i dont want to ruin the tyres i get with me new jcw when i take it to the track. anyone know what are the best tyres to put on. they need to be road legal.
Tyre's which have AA or AAA traction rating would be a good choice. Look at Toyo Proxes T1R's or Yokohama Prada Spec 2's which are both AA traction rated and can both be used on the road in the wet.

Or the Toyo R888's which are AAA rated and are super sticky but don't handle wet roads very well.

P.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts