MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
almost 59k
5,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, im considering getting a spare set of rims for track day usage. The logic im using is to put my worn out runflats onto the new rims and hence re-use them rather than purchase a set of new tires and just run them into the ground.

My initial thoughts are to get a set of team dynamics Pro Comp 1 in matt black, 7x17. however im not sure if im my old 17inch runflats will fit these? Has anyone got the answer? I know a few people are running these rims on a daily basis? If not whats the alternative tires to put on these?

Ideally i want to get a lightweight set of track tires etc.

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
Hello mate,
I've got these wheels for track use, as you may have seen. I don't think that you can put runflats on them though.... pretty sure that the BMW wheels (s lites etc) have a special ridge inside them so that the runflats don't get thrown off the rim when they are flat - but someone will have to confirm that for you.

The runflats are [email protected] on the track - best to get a set of sticky tyres. My set cost around £750, for the alloys, and a set of semi slicks. It sounds expensive, but I used my road tyres on the track this year, and at £550 for a set of pirrelli's, thats expensive fun. Had three sets this year. :eek:

The other thing about the race pro's - you save about 42lbs of weight against the standard S lites.

·
Dating my S
587 Posts
scooperman_uk said:
Thanks Tony, where did you get them from? £750 doesnt sound too bad, i was thinking about toyos. which tires are u running on them?
true track tires are the likes of kumho victorracers.. or hoosiers, avon tech r etc

toyo ra1s i believe are still street legal, as are the falken azensis sport...

true track tires likely sized somewhere along 225/45-15

most people do not run 17s on the track.. 15 u can take advantage of gearing.. a friend of mine is running on kosei k1racing with alot of sucess on kumho victorracers v700 sized 225/45 i believe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts