MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just bought a Cooper S and think it's fab - had a TT before and the mini is so much better to drive. One question I have is whether it's normal for the traction control to be so intrusive? It seems to cut power for no apparent reason - for example pulling away slowly on a dry road it flashes the traction control light and cuts the power.

Any thoughts appreciated.
Oid

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Oid said:
Hi,

Just bought a Cooper S and think it's fab - had a TT before and the mini is so much better to drive. One question I have is whether it's normal for the traction control to be so intrusive? It seems to cut power for no apparent reason - for example pulling away slowly on a dry road it flashes the traction control light and cuts the power.

Any thoughts appreciated.
Oid
I'd get it checked, can't do any harm.;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies - i'll book it in. I hope Mini dealers are better than Audi dealers..!

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
That does sound a little OTT to me. Traction Control is there when you need it - when the wheels start losing traction.

Pulling away slowly, it shouldnt be at all neccessary! :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Just turn it off. :p

·
Registered
209 Posts
I had this when I picked mine up, and it was a real pain !

HAd the angle sensor replaced, as I found from here ;) - and it has been much better ever since :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a different problem (I think). I was parked on a wet grassy slope the other day. I went to pull off and had wheel spin, now I seem to think that traction control s supposed to stop the wheels from spinning in this situation. I remember watching a video from ford showing a car going up a wet grassy slope with ease when it had the traction control on. Is the mini supposed to do this?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.