MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2003 S and love it. I was recently looking at some mini postings in Autotrader and noticed that the asking prices ranged from $23-26k. Considering I bought my for $22,500 (taxes incl), is it not feasible to sell mine for something in the $21k+ range and buy a new one?

What is the going rate for a used red/white cooper S with cold weather package? 22k miles. Perfect condition. Not a ding in sight.

Is there still a lengthy waiting list for a new S?

Has anyone done something like this? If I can trade in a 2 year old car for a brand new one for within $2k, it would make it worthwhile. That's like driving a new car for 2 years at a cost of less than $100 a month!

·
Registered
133 Posts
i ordered my S the day after labor day...it's being built right now to finish on the 12th then shipped over here...so not a long wait right now

·
owt else is just traffic
1,462 Posts
I might not have a MCS but i traded my Jan 03 MINI ONE for an 05 MINI ONE (august build).I never thought that i would be able to afford to buy a car one year and afford to swop it the next year,but with residuals as they are it makes it possible.I had a solid black MINI ONE and now i've got a Pepper White MINI ONE.

Attachments

·
Sponsor/Moderator/Other
3,265 Posts
Lots of people have done exactly what you said, even more with 2002s that are almost out of warranty. Check with your local dealer, but most likely you can place an order now and have a car in a few months.

Of course the price goes up on 2005 MCSs delivered after Jan 1st 2005 by $500 (i think that's the #) so account for that in your 'upgrade cost'

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'd seriously consider trading in my '03 Cooper for an '05, BUT......Electric Blue isn't available as a Cooper color in the States...at least not yet??? If it, was the temptation would be more than I could bear I'm afraid. However, part of me is still in love with the earlier Cooper styling...bumper stips, 4 slat grill, and all. At our local club meetings there may be 20 MCSs but only 5 Coopers. And now that IB is gone....I may just keep mine. :cool:

·
Welcome back...
1,435 Posts
Go for it,

Traded my '03 BRG/W CVT with Leather for a Loaded '04 EB/W MCS (no leather this time). No regrets. So go for it!

Winslow
:eb:

·
I can't spell
2,856 Posts
I am in the process of trading in my 03 MC for an 05 MCSC. The dealership is actually giving me more for the 03 then I owe on the lease. These cars are in high demand so they have a fairly high resale value, hence the high trade in value.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.