MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to be able to pull a special custom trailer simular to the ones that are pulled behind motorcycles. Where can I find a hitch for a 2005 MC? None offered thru dealer.

·
Sotherner up north
1,221 Posts
There is a tow hitch in the MINI accessory brocure - but its expensive

Aftermaket ones are about a quarte of the price, as long as you are happy with a non removable hitch - the photo shows the one fitted to my MINI.

Unfotyunatly as I'm in the UK I don't know of any US suppliers

Mark :indi:

·
Mini in Maine
556 Posts
Have you tried U-Haul? They...

tools113 said:
I want to be able to pull a special custom trailer simular to the ones that are pulled behind motorcycles. Where can I find a hitch for a 2005 MC? None offered thru dealer.
usually have a good selection and install them too.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Tow Hitch

tools113 said:
Hi there, I was in Canton OH this past weekend and stopped to look at the Little Guy teardrop trailers for sale at Family Express on Whipple Road http://www.buylittleguy.com/
They had a photo book there with a Cooper S hooked up to a trailer. They told me there was a shop "just up the road" that fitted the tow bar and that they would have no problem fitting one on my Cooper since it didn't have the central exhaust. They knew all about fitting the towbar to a MINI. I don't know how far you are from Canton but you should certainly give them a call and ask them for the phone number of the "place just up the road" that can fit a tow bar on a MINI.
Regards Philip :wone:

·
Registered
362 Posts
moonpie19 said:
With the back end of the vehicle being so low does anybody who has a hitch have a problem with it dragging.
No direct experience here, but with just about no rear overhang, the tow hitch height won't change much as you go over bumps or changes of slope. I don't think it'll drag.

·
Sotherner up north
1,221 Posts
moonpie19 said:
With the back end of the vehicle being so low does anybody who has a hitch have a problem with it dragging.
Never had a problem, even over steep speed bumps

Mark :indi:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts