MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

I am about to drive cross country ( maryland to California ), I am trailering my MCS 2005 and I am interested in hwo I can tie my mini down to the trailer?

Any points to how or where I can tie my mini down so I do not ruin anything would be great

Thanks Dsharpy1

·
Best Personal Regards
2,022 Posts
If you have a rental (U-haul and such) it should come with "tire webbing straps" these are the best and safest. Make sure you install them properly over the tires, read all labels or better ask the man to explain their use---you're off.......
let's say you dont....... do not use rope for tying it down. Buy proper "ratcheting" type tie downs, the good kind, at least two inches wide if not three. Get four of them.

On the front, either the front sway bar (preferably inside the mounts) if it has one, if no the chassis subframe rises and bolts to the unibody making a sort of vertical pillar...look for then, run the webbing around them and anchor to their outside towards the side and front of the trailer.

The back gets a little trickier but you will not go wrong if you wrap the webbing aroun the shocks near the lower mounts.

Another idea is to buy another tow hook (12 USD), install the one in your kit and the new one in their respective threads, REALLY well and use the hook ends of your tie downs on to them, again two front and two back and anchor them to all four corners of the trailer.
Hope this helps.......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.